News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trusted Callers

Started by Neco, August 16, 2013, 08:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neco

Hello guys,

Maybe someone can help me.
My cell phone is on the Trusted Callers' list.
Inbound setting for my Line is just {ph}, that is, any call should ring the phone, but calls from the Trusted Callers list, right?
But this is not working. Calls from my cell are not answered by the AA. They ring instead.
If I set the line as {(x.5555):aa},ph, then the call goes to AA -- that is to show that OBI recognizes the number.
Questions:
- Shouldn't OBI recognize the number from the caller lista automatically (just {ph})?
- If not, is there a way to include all trusted numbers at once? E.g.: {callerslist:aa}

Thank you,

Neco

Shale

Quote from: Neco on August 16, 2013, 08:42:09 AM

- If not, is there a way to include all trusted numbers at once? E.g.: {callerslist:aa}
The easy way is to use OBiTalk Trusted Callers list to set this up.

Neco

Hello Shale,

But it seems this is the problem. OBI is not recognizing phones from the list. Should it recognizes automatically, or is there a setting to activate it?

Thank you,

Neco

ianobi

The idea behind Trusted Callers is that you add a number to the list, save it, then OBiTALK will add that number to all InboundCallRoutes except the OBiTALK InboundCallRoute. This assumes that you have left the OBiTALK portal in charge of doing the updating. I'm guessing that you have unchecked the two boxes to the right of the Line Port InboundCallRoute, so that you can take control of it. This is what a lot of us do so that we can configure each InboundCallRoute separately.

What you could do is to set up a User Defined DigitMap to hold the numbers that you wish to call "aa" on your Line Port InboundCallRoute. Let's say you pick a label such as "lpaa" the User Defined DigitMap might look like this:

User Settings > User Defined Digit Maps > User Defined Digit Map2 >
Label: lpaa
DigitMap: (11111111111|22222222222|33333333333)

Then Line Port InboundCallRoute would be:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute:
{(Mlpaa):aa},{ph}

Edit: Corrected Line Port InboundCallRoute.

ianobi

Correction!

This is the correct version:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute:
{(Mlpaa):aa},{ph}

I'll change my original post to avoid confusion.

Neco

Hello Ianobi,

That was it! Unchecked box @ InboundRoute.
And now I understand the logic behind it.
Thank you VERY much for your help.

Neco