News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting Up My IP Phone With OBi202

Started by TripleRRR, August 20, 2013, 05:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleRRR

I currently have an IP Cisco Phone Model cp-7962g. I'm trying to make phone calls using my current IP phone, but have the Google Voice phone number linked to my OBi202 show up as the caller ID. I read the post that shows how to do this, but I'm having problems. First of all, I can't change anything on the Settings Wizard, so I can't configure the SP2 into a proxy server for my IP Phone. The article also mentions that I must connect the IP phone into the Lan port of my OBi202, but my phone is powered by the ethernet cable, and it doesn't turn on when I do that. Those are truly my only two problems, as I'm able to understand everything else without any difficulty. Thanks in advance.

Shale

1. I don't know what the "Settings Wizard" is.

2. I can help with that second one. It is perfectly fine to have your devices hooked to the internet that the Obi Internet port is plugged into. You don't have to use the LAN port of the OBi202.

TripleRRR

Thanks for the second answer and sorry I wasn't clear enough. I meant to say the OBi expert configuration. For some reason, I'm not allowed to change anything in there. For example, I can't change the user name for the "SP1 Service/AuthUserName" option. Thanks again.

drgeoff

Quote from: TripleRRR on August 20, 2013, 05:18:40 PM
Thanks for the second answer and sorry I wasn't clear enough. I meant to say the OBi expert configuration. For some reason, I'm not allowed to change anything in there. For example, I can't change the user name for the "SP1 Service/AuthUserName" option. Thanks again.
Is this as simple as you are not first clearing the tick boxes for "Device Default" and "OBiTALK"?

When you say "not allowed to change anything in there" do you mean you are unable to type anything into a field or do you mean you can make an entry but it doesn't stick?

TripleRRR

I mean I'm not allowed to type anything into a field. It just doesn't let me.

Shale

As drgeoff said, you must clear 2 boxes (first one, and then the other). Then type.

TripleRRR

Well, that was easy.  Thank you both.