News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

International Calls

Started by rolandh, August 24, 2014, 11:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolandh

Hi,

I've been experimenting with RingTo for "free" calls to the U.S. and Canada. In theory both E911 and international calls should be routed through Anveo on SP2, which is a required purchase. E911 as tested by dialing 933 routes correctly, however, international calls do not. Rather according to my Obi's call history international calls continue to be routed through RingTo on SP1.

Using OBiTalk expert mode I see the Phone Physical Interface OutboundCallRoute is as follows:

{011xx.:SP2},{911:sp2},{933:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I'm guessing the {011xx.:SP2}, rule is supposed to route calls prefixed with 011 to SP2 but the call history clearly shows international calls still going to SP1. I'm using OBiTalk for configuration as this is required for RingTo. I do use the local web interface to view call history but not for configuration purposes.

For those who might suggest that relying on a free service such as RingTo is foolish, I'd agree and also have paid accounts with Callcentric and CircleNet. I'm able to make international calls via those services using the appropriate **N code with no problems.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Roland

azrobert

The rule should be:
{(011xx.):SP2}

When the rule is not enclosed in parentheses it becomes a literal, not a DigitMap.
{011xx.:SP2} is comparing for 011  alpha x alpha x and a period

Edit:

You can simplify the out call route by removing the 911 and 933 rules and use:
{(011xx.|911|933):SP2}

rolandh

azrobert,

I really appreciate the help! I purchased my Obi in July and what tweaks I've made to its settings has been from knowledge gleaned by lurking here. I see your name often in helpful posts and from my perspective, you certainly live up to Hero Member status.

I've simplified the OutboundCallRoute somewhat based on your suggestion by combining the 911 and 933 rules. I've kept a separate rule for international calls, as I've decided to send them through CircleNet! rather than Anveo. Since I'm using CircleNet! for outbound only I put it on Voice Gateway 1 rather than use one of the four SP slots. My OutboundCallRoute now looks like this:

{(011xx.):vg1},{911|933:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**7:>(Mvg1)):vg1},{(<**6:>(Mvg2)):vg2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

There seems to be the possibility of adding up to eight voice gateways, not that I anticipate doing so but a limited number of **N codes available for use. Is it possible to use something other than **N to reference these additional gateways?

Again, thanks so much for your help!

azrobert

You can use any prefix you want. I've seen a single "#" or "*" plus a digit. I use just a single digit and have the DigitMap replace it with "1". If you use "*" it can't conflict with a Star Code you need. If you go with a single Digit, it can't conflict with an international number you use (if you don't use 011 prefix).

If you can identify the number dialed, VG's can be used without a prefix. You are already doing this with international numbers. Other examples are toll free numbers or specific country codes.

Anything you choose must match a rule in the Phone Port DigitMap.