News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can we update firmware on OBiTalk dashboard?

Started by tudobem, March 17, 2013, 03:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tudobem

I got the OBi100, and have stopped using it for a month since it reset itself all the time and no one can call in or out. May be it's the firmware? My OBi100 is not connected, but can I still update the firmware on OBiTalk dashboard so it will auto update when it's connected? Signed up for auto update, but when I click on the yellow caution icon, it brought me to a forum!

Why did my OBi reset itself? I didn't get calls and then realized I can't call out either. I get a message saying no service when try to call out, but my internet is always on. I felt really guilty when my bro, who I got to buy the same thing, told me he got no phone service through OBi either. How do we fix the "no service" problem and update the OBi100?

Thank you.

Shale

I don't know much of what you are asking. However if the purpose is to update the firmware, you can dial ***6 from a connected phone. The voice will tell you if a firmware update is available.  If an update is available, press 1 if you want to proceed with the update. The software update process will start as soon as you hang up the phone.

Clive

OK, not sure why anyone posts to a question when they don't know what's being asked.

I can answer part of your query. If your Obi is showing as offline in the Obitalk web portal and it shows an update available, when you click on the yellow triangle it will take you to the update sticky post in the forum.

If your Obi is connected and shows up as online and you click the yellow triangle, it should then apply the update.

You never know, if you do the update, it MIGHT get things working again.

Can you call each other using the Obi numbers allocated to the boxes?

If you're setting up a voip account and your device still just resets itself then you might want to raise a ticket with Obi as they might be faulty.