News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 and Virtualpbx

Started by Tschrock, August 20, 2013, 03:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tschrock

Has anyone been able to get an Obi202 to work with Virtualpbx?  There are a few old threads showing that my problem of not being able to make outbound calls is a common problem.  Inbound calls work fine.  Has anyone gotten this to work?

Shale

I don't know Virtualpbx, but these one-way problems are usually associated with router settings.

Try putting the OBi into the DMZ to see if that gets things working. There are specific ports you can address, but try DMZ first to prove the concept.

Tschrock

I've put it directly on the modem, no router to go through.  Inbound calls work fine but outbound calls do not go through. 

RFord

Quote from: Shale on August 20, 2013, 04:05:26 PM
I don't know Virtualpbx, but these one-way problems are usually associated with router settings.

Try putting the OBi into the DMZ to see if that gets things working. There are specific ports you can address, but try DMZ first to prove the concept.

The problem the OP is having is NOT a one-way audio problem and as such, is unrelated to the router.  The problem is more than likely associated with the outbound call route and/or dial plan of the PBX system (Virtual PBX).  The OP needs to explain in more detail what problems he is having and how is the problem manifesting itself.

Clive

additionally, it could be something to do with the dial plan in the virtualpbx conflicting with the dial plan in the obi.

I've run an obi100 using 3cx pbx using the standard obi dial plan and it worked both ways.

Lavarock7

Could it also be a NAT setting on Virtual PBX settings?
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

jyates01

Dont know if you were seeing my old posts, but I used to have them as a provider and was never able to get outbound to work. I was convinced it was a dialplan issue, but support was not familiar with the device, and they could not help. I even sent them a unit and they kept it for a month. I gave up on them and got the unit back. I was moving to my own FreePBX system anyway so I just gave up on the issue. I think it was dialplan related myself. Inbound worked. I even tried using some Cisco ATA dialplans that virtualpbx had supplied. I just went to their site and looked for new ATA documentation and there is nothing new. Looks like they revamped their site, but no new content. I was a 7 year customer. I dont want to slam anyone personally, but when some were promotoed and moved out of support their level of support tanked. I could not even explain to some of the support personnel what an ATA was... Sorry I cant lend anything more substantive but I spent probably 100 hours trying to get that unit to work for outbound. I wanted to deploy it for all of my remote workers and the obi portal was exactly what I needed to manage them. Now that I am using FreePBX, zero issues. Feel free to PM me if you need any more info.