News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 110 dead?

Started by pvkid, September 05, 2013, 05:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvkid

I posted this in another section and got no help.
I opened  ticket with Obi support 48 hours ago and they have not got back to me.
Can some one get me going in the right direction?

I have 2 OBi 110s that I have been using for over 2 years with no problems. One when off line today and I am a little rusty on trouble shooting it. I have rebooted the router and rebooted the OBi but still just the one green blinking light. I have dial tone and when I try to make a call I get the recording that there is no service. The other OBi still works just fine so I know the internet service is just fine.
What should I do not to trouble shoot this, I am thinking it could be the box it self as it has worked just fine till now.
Just a note on the web configuration screen it say I am connected so It seems my Google voice account is ok.
When I dial ***6 and hear there are no updates. (but I know one is available)
When I dial ***1 it says my IP address is not available, When I dial ***1 on the OBi that works it gives me an IP address, this OBi is connected to the same router.

Any ideas? Should I reset it and delete that Obi from my dashboard? And then start over? ???

LeoKing

I suggest you replace the Internet cable that connects the OBi110 to the router if you've not done so. Also, using the OBi110's MAC address, I suggest you set a static IP for it on the router.

pvkid

I solved this.
Hard reset of the OBi 110, deleted the device in the OBi web dashboard, added the it back through the dashboard and configured Google Voice. Note, after the hard reset it said my Google voice was not connected, I tried a few times to connected it but it would not connect. After I deleted the device and added it again I could then connect to Google voice account.  I talked to OBi support on the phone and they said my OBi 110 was dead and I needed a new one. I guess I proved them wrong   ::)

LeoKing

That's great! I guess the support folks thought you already hard-reset the device because that's what people would do 1st.

pvkid

Actually I asked if I should reset it and they said not to bother and I thought that was strange  :'(