News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AA Works Differently on Two Devices

Started by pitcritter, September 01, 2013, 12:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitcritter

I have a 100 and a 110.  Both are provisioned with a FreePhoneLine.ca account on SP1 and a GV acount on SP2.  I have the AA enabled so that I can use the devices as a LD gateway when I'm not home.  I have both devices setup identically (at least I can't find any differences). I'v checked right through Expert Setup. Anything that shows a variance from stock is identical on both devices. 

When I call my 110 from a "Trusted Line", the AA answers, I press 2, enter my pin and #, enter the desired number and # and get connected.  This works every time, as it should.

When I call my 100 from a "Trusted Line", the AA answers, I press 2, enter my pin and #, enter the desired number and # and get silence, half a busy signal, then disconnected. This happens every time, as it shouldn't.

Without seeing my entire configuration, can anybody make a guess what's going on?

ianobi

Users sometimes forget that the AA is very similar to the Phone Port. It has its own Primary Line, DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

The only obvious difference between the OBi110 and OBi100 from the AA point of view is that the default Primary Line is PSTN for the OBi110 and SP1 Service for the OBi100. However, this may have been changed if you have selected one of your voip providers as the Primary Line.

Looking at Status > Call History may give some clues for what is happening. It should show how the call is being routed into and away from the AA. Call History can only be accessed via the local OBi web page. Dial ***1 for the ip address. User Name and Password by default are both "admin".

pitcritter

hanks ianobi.  As luck would have it, I' currently at the location with the 110.  The call logs show the routing clearly.  I'll be back at the other location later in the week.  'll check those logs at that point.

It would sure be nice to have remote access to the web interface.  I imagine it could be made to work with port forwarding.

ianobi

Using the OBi portal "Expert Configuration Pages" you can see call routing, but only while the call is actually in progress. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. When there, look at Status > Call Status.