News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

1 OBi off line

Started by pvkid, September 03, 2013, 10:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvkid

I have 2 OBi 110s that I have been using for over 2 years with no problems. One when off line today and I am a little rusty on trouble shooting it. I have rebooted the router and rebooted the OBi but still just the one green light. I have dial tone and when I try to make a call I get the recording that there is no service. The one OBi still works just fine so I know the internet service is just fine.
What should I do not to trouble shoot this, I am thinking it could be the box it self as it has worked just fine till now.

pvkid

Just a note on the web configuration screen it say I am connected so It seems my Google voice account is ok

dircom

I have 3 obi's, one goes offline at times but still works.... don't know what offline really means

pvkid

Mine is off line and I can not make calls. I can connect to the OBi servers as I can dial ***6 and hear there are no updates. This leads me to believe it is a Google problem but it says connected in my control panel.

Quote from: dircom on September 03, 2013, 11:52:52 AM
I have 3 obi's, one goes offline at times but still works.... don't know what offline really means

Shale

If you have a separate modem and router, I would first plug the suspect unit directly into the modem as a test, and then reset the modem. If you can make your calls then, I would somehow suspect the router or settings -- despite the other unit working through that same router.

It could be the box. I would reset the problem OBi to factory defaults, and then set it up again.

You could delete that OBi from OBiTalk, and then Add A Device. You might try a shorter procedure where you set the password back to admin, as it will be on the unit after factory default, and then see if the update gets everything going. I don't know if somebody has posted a process for that. But deleting the device on OBiTalk, Reset device to factory default, and then Add A Device would be the most comprehensive thing. If that does not fix it, I would replace the unit.

pvkid

I solved this.
Hard reset of the OBi 110, deleted the device in the OBi web dashboard, added the it back through the dashboard and configured Google Voice. Note, after the hard reset it said my Google voice was not connected, I tried a few times to connected it but it would not connect. After I deleted the device and added it again I could then connect to Google voice account.  I talked to OBi support on the phone and they said my OBi 110 was dead and I needed a new one. I guess I proved them wrong  ;D