December 16, 2017, 04:26:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OBiAPP DTMF and inbound call issues  (Read 38379 times)
CaptSmokey6

« on: September 04, 2013, 05:41:20 pm »

Hello, I am having some issues with X-LITE and the OBiAPP. DTMF is not working, as in I can't use the automated attendant menus (as in "press 1 for this" and "press 2 for that"), and X-LITE is not ringing when I receive a call. How do I fix the DTMF issue with X-LITE and OBiAPP and set OBI to where both the OBi adapter with phone connected and the OBiAPP will both ring at the same time?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:43:00 pm by CaptSmokey6 » Logged
ianobi
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 01:58:45 am »

CaptSmokey6 – welcome to the forum.

I am tempted to say get a different softphone   Smiley    Only half joking, lots of people have problems with X-Lite and get annoyed with the pop-ups.

Here’s a very good general description of how OBi deals with DTMF problems:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3281.msg21920#msg21920

Your calls from X-Link to OBi are coming into the OBi via the OBiTALK network. Try changing settings here:

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > OBiTALK Service Settings > DTMFMethod

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > OBiTALK Service Settings > UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF

For incoming calls to be “forked” to your softphone as well as your OBi connected phone you need to change the relevant InboundCallRoute. For instance, if the incoming call is on sp1, then change to this:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph,pp(ob290123456)}

Where 290123456 is your softphone number.

CaptSmokey6

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 04:22:10 am »

Thanks for your reply. I tried everything you said and the inbound call issue has been fixed, but I still have DTMF issues with X-LITE. However, I found a fix for my DTMF issue. I tried many different softphones and I found 3CX the best one. The other softphones doesn't seem work with the OBiAPP correctly. 3CX works fantastic with OBiAPP and I have no issues at all and DTMF works with this softphone app.
ianobi
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 05:11:19 am »

Yes, I agree - 3CX is the best of the free softphones in my opinion. I use it myself. You can register several accounts on it at the same time.

PhonerLite can be useful as a "test tool". Easy to make quick config changes and has a good debugging function.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: