News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk 202 - Network status not available reason 00

Started by maldohous, September 06, 2013, 06:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maldohous

Hello,
I just purchased the 202 model to use for a home phone but i am having trouble setting it up. it appears to not connect to the network and i get the "Network status not available reason 00" dialog. I unblocked my fire wall and every hard reset my router and obi device. Is there something else i am missing? please help if you shared this experience. I am currently on AT&T Uverse internet if it helps.

Shale

You did not say what U-verse gateway device you are using.

Is your OBi plugged into your U-verse gateway which you are calling your router, or do you have a separate router plugged into your U-verse gateway?

maldohous

its a 2wire 3801hgv model router. i plugged it directly into the Ethernet port.

Shale

Go to your Gateway at http://gateway.2wire.net (that is the local unit, and it is not going out on the internet for that). Username is admin, and the default password is written on your 3801HV.

I suggest going to Settings>LAN> IP Address Allocation

For Device: OBi202, I would select Address Assignment: Private Fixed for one of the addresses. I would use the one that ends in .202 to make it easy to remember. Firewall can be left at its default Enabled and WAN IP Mapping can be left at the default. Then click Done, or whatever the button at the bottom is. Expect to be asked for the password again. The point is that the OBi will always get the same address, so if the router reboots, the OBi will not be out of sync with the router. Then power-cycle the OBi202.

Things should work. If not, we can try other things.