News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 Caller ID "Incoming Call"?

Started by tpir72, September 06, 2013, 11:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpir72

Hi,
  I may have inadvertently changed something in my config for caller ID. I use to get the incoming phone number. Now I get "Incoming Call" and no longer get the phone number.

What should I change to at least get the incoming number back?

May be a real old question but has there been any progress with GV and caller ID name passing to the device?

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,

Terry

Shale

If you have your OBi set to defaults, expect the phone number to be passed by GV between the first and second ring. Don't answer until the second ring.

Many phones have an address book. The numbers coming in get compared to those in the book, and the corresponding name gets displayed with the number.

tpir72

Thanks,
     There in lies the problem. I believe I inadvertently changed something a few weeks ago to cause this. I just need to find specifically what to change so the phone at least displays the incoming number.
     My phone system doesn't have a built in directory. I can wait for at least 5 rings and never see an incoming number.

Has anyone here tried this? https://simonics.com/gvgw/

What are the drawbacks?

Regards,

Terry

Everton

Why not reset the ATA back to its default and start all over with the re-configuration? Trying to track down what is specifically broken might be more time consuming than resetting and reconfiguring.  Do you have a backup config of the working system that you could restore?  It is a good practice to backup your config before making changes so that you can restore back to a working setup in the event that something went amiss!

Quote from: tpir72 on September 07, 2013, 09:01:24 PM
Thanks,
    There in lies the problem. I believe I inadvertently changed something a few weeks ago to cause this. I just need to find specifically what to change so the phone at least displays the incoming number.
    My phone system doesn't have a built in directory. I can wait for at least 5 rings and never see an incoming number.

Has anyone here tried this? https://simonics.com/gvgw/

What are the drawbacks?

Regards,

Terry