News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI2182 Conference mode crackly end point audio

Started by das1996, March 12, 2024, 09:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das1996

Device is on latest fw - 6.2.3 (Build: 5330.1311).

Using obi phone to bridge 2 calls results in crackly audio at end point devices. Doesn't matter if using google voice or another itsp. If obi phone is doing the bridging, audio at remote ends crackles.

Example; Dial phone A from obi phone then place on hold. Do the same to phone B. Combine calls with conference function on obi phone. Have phone A user speak. Audio at phone B will crackle.  Audio at obiphone will sound fine. Reverse is true when phone B user speaks; audio at phone A is poor.

Any ideas?

JeffRoss

Do a factory reset of your OBi device. Please note that this will erase all your settings, so make sure to back up any important configurations.

drgeoff

Quote from: JeffRoss on March 21, 2024, 01:59:23 AMDo a factory reset of your OBi device. Please note that this will erase all your settings, so make sure to back up any important configurations.
I would not have high hopes that a reset will help but if you decide to try it note that a backup does not contain passwords, SIP account authorisations, GV tokens etc.

das1996

Quote from: JeffRoss on March 21, 2024, 01:59:23 AMDo a factory reset of your OBi device. Please note that this will erase all your settings, so make sure to back up any important configurations.

Normally I'd agree that resets can fix unusual issues.  Not in this case.

The issue even manifests itself when connected from local pbx extensions (using basic ulaw codec on all endpoints), no outside itsp or google voice involved. This is clearly a firmware issue as downgrading to 4907 (see https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?msg=116021) fixes the issue entirely (while introducing new ones, at least with stock 4907).

This issue is consistent on multiple units on 5330 or 4983 firmware, including those never molested by obitalk portal provisioning. Somewhere between 4907 and 4983 they changed something related to the audio handling of more than one call. That single call, no matter how it originates sounds fine.

The device itself is still rather decent in my opinion. I don't know about handling 48 calls at once as advertised, but that will never happen here so not an issue.  Display is bright, sound quite good.  Wifi a bit lacking (no dfs channel or wpa3 support). Just the software is a bit incomplete.

For those more active on here, has obi/poly/hp provided any support/updates for any of their legacy products in recent times? Or is everything eol effectively abandoned at this point?  Any firmware change logs or release notes available?

Taoman

Quote from: das1996 on March 21, 2024, 10:36:34 AMFor those more active on here, has obi/poly/hp provided any support/updates for any of their legacy products in recent times? Or is everything eol effectively abandoned at this point?  Any firmware change logs or release notes available?

AFAIK, there is no support available for EOL products.....or change logs/release notes. Have you checked the Poly web site?

WelshPaul (www.ukvoipforums.com) used to have a UK site that he kept up to date with firmware, release notes, and change logs. However, that url now goes to a different site so I don't know what's up with that. drgeoff might know something since he's in the UK.

@drgeoff Do you know anything about that old site? Is it available anywhere?