News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 suddenly not working

Started by MaxB, September 13, 2013, 11:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxB

I have had no trouble at all with my Obi200 since I got it a couple months ago. Suddenly today it is not connecting properly. When I make a phone call I get a message "IP Unavailable, Reason 00". The power LED is blinking green. I have replaced the ethernet cable, changed router ports, power cycled the Obi and my cable modem, etc. Anything else to try?

Shale

MaxB

Quote from: Shale on September 13, 2013, 12:03:41 PM
Power cycle the router.

D'oh! I can't believe I failed to do such a simple test. I power cycled everything else, but since the router itself was working, I didn't think that was the source of the problem. Rebooting it did fix the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Shale

I would suggest setting the router to always give your OBi the same IP number. You could alternatively set your OBi to a static IP, but it is harder to do that usually. You want to make sure that the IP address is in the right range for the router.

I don't see others suggesting this. I think it may help get your OBi and router back connected if one loses track of the other.

androidfonefan

If all else fails the OP could try a factory reset on the Obi and set the box back up in his Obi acct