News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Hello newbie here

Started by doctor_dl, September 17, 2013, 10:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctor_dl

I recently bought an OBI202 and I'm having a problem with when people call me it takes 10 to 12 seconds for the call to connect I'm using voip.ms Canada/US and have tried both Value and Premium service with the same results. I tried calling from my cell and had the same time 10 - 12 second delay as well. I had a Linksys PAP2T for about 3 years but decided to buy the OBI202 the setup went easy but this time delay problem!!!! so if anyone has any suggestions on a fix it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

CLTGreg

I probably won't have the answer because I'm new too, but I can bet more info is going to need it such as which provider are you using.

CallCentric has limited free number for inbound testing. If you are using Google Voice then you can try CC. If you are using CC then try GV. Anveo charges on a per minute basis but since you can test to the SIP device for free then that's viable too.

Mix it up to see how it's different if at all.

Mango

To make sure I understand the symptoms correctly: is it that when someone calls you, it takes 10-12 seconds for the phone attached to your OBi to start ringing?  During that time, what does the calling party hear?

doctor_dl

Hello Mongo
Yes it takes 10-12 seconds for the phone attached to my OBi to start ringing and during that time the calling party hears nothing "it's just noiseless air" some have said it takes so long that they hang up before it starts to ring because they didn't think the call was going to connect. When I call the number there is no noise nothing but if you stay on the line for the 10-12 seconds it will start to ring like normal.
I forgot to to add that I had this same problem with my first ATA Linksys PAP2T and it was thanks to you for getting it working perfecto by changing the dial plan I was going to try the same fix on the OBI but I think that would wishful thinking.
Thanks Again

Mango

I assume there is no forwarding from some service provider other than VoIP.ms that could be causing the problem, but if there is, you should investigate that.

The next thing to do is route your DID to the VoIP.ms echo test.  If the problem still occurs, you should report it to VoIP.ms.  If the problem does not occur when the DID is routed to the echo test, set your routing back to normal, then try the following.

1) Disable any SIP ALG or SIP Helper, if possible, in your router's configuration.

2) If 1) is not possible, try to set X_UserAgentPort to a random number between 20000 and 65535.  Also set ProxyServerPort and RegistrarServerPort to 42872.  This sometimes bypasses SIP ALGs.  You may need to do this from OBi Expert Configuration, if you use OBiTALK to configure your device.

3) Connect your OBi202 directly to your modem, bypassing any router.  You may need to reboot your modem for this to work.  Depending on your ISP, this may or may not work.

Let us know if any of those solve the problem, and if the symptoms change.  If this doesn't solve the problem, let us know what router you have.

doctor_dl

;D I can make and receive calls again I ended up doing a factory reset on the OBI redid Mongo's manual configuration settings. And voip.ms told me that their recommendation is always set NAT to YES to avoid any issue with the NAT they said that the NAT issues usually translates in incoming calls not reaching the device or also audio issues. 
I also modify US48/Canada Routing from Value to US48/Canada Premium
And after doing all this the outgoing and incoming calls at this moment are now working properly ;D
Thanks again for all the suggestions and the help.