News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Turn off voice mail notification?

Started by gerry, April 13, 2011, 07:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

Hi,
I couldn't find an answer on the forums... I turned on voicemail notification to check it out. But since I typically have unread items in my GV box, it's not particularly useful to me. However... I'm unable to get the voicemail indicator to turn off. I've turned it off in Obitalk, but the message waiting indicators on my phones are still flashing. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Gerry

jimates

Turing it off in Obitalk may not disable the previous condition. I just checked and now there are only 2 settings for it. There were 3 previously, I guess the latest fw update changed that.

from the expert settings go to 

Voice Service > SPx Service > Calling Features

check the MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable options. Make sure the box on the left is unchecked and the box on the far right is checked. Make appropriate changes, click submit at the bottom.

mykmayk

Quote from: gerry on April 13, 2011, 07:38:26 AM
I've turned it off in Obitalk, but the message waiting indicators on my phones are still flashing. Any ideas?

i had the same problem.  it bugged the heck out of me.  i restarted everything yet the indicator still kept taunting me.  luckily, i still had my Uniden phone's user manual.  apparently, if the light still keeps flashing on my phone even if there is no more voicemail message, i can override the faulty system by holding the flash button on the phone for 5 seconds.  then, it stopped blinking.

in your phone, it might be some other way to turn off or overrride that darned blinking voicemail indicator.  check the manual or lookup the manual online if you don't have a hard copy of it.
əʞɪɯ mɪke

gerry

Jimates,
Flipping the MWIEnable   and X_VMWIEnable bits seemed to work, even though they were off - thanks.
Gerry