News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Receive audio sent over phone lines a little high

Started by bucksitter, September 16, 2013, 09:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucksitter

Hi everyone!  First post here.  I love my OBi 100 setup, and it's working perfectly.

One problem I'm having, though, is that the receive audio I'm getting throughout my house phone lines (since that's how I've got my device connected) is a little high, and it tends to overdrive certain of the phones that are connected. 

Is there any way to reduce the voltage level of the line driver (or more simply put, turn down the receive audio level)?  Is just needs a tiny reduction, but it would clean up the audio tremendously.  Thanks for any help or advice.

ianobi

bucksitter - welcome to the forum.

The setting to change is:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Port Settings > ChannelTxGain

The default is 0, so try a negative value.

Make changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot.

bucksitter

Thanks for the response!  But, since I'm talking Receive Audio (what I'm hearing), wouldn't that be something more like ChannelRxGain, instead of Tx (assuming there is such a setting)?  I haven't yet looked at the interface; I'm just speculating here. 

ianobi

One device's transmit is another device's receive - it's all a question of perspective   :)

Here's the Obihai definition of ChannelTxGain:

Transmit gain in dB (-12 to 12) to apply to signal sent from OBi to the attached phone(s)

It's true - I know from experience!

bucksitter

Sent to the phone!  YEAH!  I followed your instructions and saw that definition through the little question mark at each entry.  I gave it a -2 and it helped just the right amount.  Amazing how configurable this little thing is.  It's now just right, and if need be I know just where to go and how to get there.  I appreciate it very much!  Thank you!