News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Inbound call route Manila local or cellphone number

Started by johnruthsjca, September 17, 2013, 01:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnruthsjca

Can anyone help me please... My obi110 is in Manila and I can't figure out the caller id of Manila phone. I would like some telephone number to be route to AutoAttendant so they can call us remotely. Thanks in advance

Shale

To see what caller ID information is coming into your OBI110, try looking at the Call History to see how the numbers appear to your OBi.

1.  If you do not know the IP address of your OBi, find IP address:
from your phone dial ***1 and listen for the IP address.  Write it
down.

2.  Enter the IP address that you wrote down into the address box on your
browser. If you don't know what a browser is, that means Internet Explorer,
Chrome or Safari. It could  also mean Firefox,  etc.

Be prepared to enter the password for your OBi. The username is admin.

johnruthsjca

Thanks for the reply. But where can I find call history? I only see call status.

Obi has no fix ip and I am away from the phone. Can it be reach by expert configuration menu?

Shale

In the left column, click the + at the front of +Status. There should be a list of various things below -Status, including Call Status and Call History.

Everton

Unfortunately, the call history is only available from direct web access to the OBi110.  It cannot be accessed from the OBiTALK Expert Configuration page.  You can set up direct access to the OBi110 in Manilla by setting up appropriate port forwarding on the Router that the OBi110 is connected to and WAN IP Address (or DDNS Service) of the router.

Quote from: johnruthsjca on September 17, 2013, 01:54:15 PM
Thanks for the reply. But where can I find call history? I only see call status.

Obi has no fix ip and I am away from the phone. Can it be reach by expert configuration menu?

johnruthsjca

Thanks for the advice. Anyone had success doing manila incoming call route ?

ianobi

johnruthsjca,

Have you tried putting the Manilla phone numbers in "Trusted Callers". Trusted Callers is in the menu selection on your OBi Dashboard. If you put numbers in there, then the OBi portal will update your InboundCallRoutes automatically. This will give those numbers access to the Auto Attendant.

If you look in Status > Call Status while a call is actually in progress, then you can see the CallerID of the incoming call. It will show as "Peer Number".

johnruthsjca

Thanks. I will try to do that.

Question:

If I add trusted caller, it is for any of my obi device? Because I have 4 at different country. How can the obi recognize which obi will take the call?

ianobi

If you have more than one OBi device on your OBi Dashboard, then I believe that any "Trusted Caller" will be added to the InboundCallRoutes of all the devices.

In Manila the caller will call a service provider on your Manila OBi110 and get the auto attendant of the Manila OBi110. Then they can use any service on that OBi110.

You can be more precise about how all this works if you wish to configure your own InboundCallRoutes. There's lots of examples on this forum.

Shale

Quote from: johnruthsjca on September 18, 2013, 11:13:02 AM
Because I have 4 at different country. How can the obi recognize which obi will take the call?

Only one OBi would receive the incoming call, so that will be the one that will take the call. Right?

You can set each OBi up on a different account (email address) if you are worried that a caller trusted to use OBi Attendant on one OBi might do something unwanted by calling a different OBi. That seems like a needless worry.