News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PSTN calls repeatedly disconnected on OBi110

Started by Jon9999, September 03, 2013, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon9999

Something new...

For the past several days, I've had multiple incoming and outgoing PSTN calls disconnected mid-conversation. The calls seem fine, and then all of a sudden and without warning, I hear a quick click and I get the OBi110 dial tone. (I know it's the OBi110 dial tone and not the Telco tone because I've configured a distinct tone for the OBi.) The dial tone comes immediately; it's like blah-blah-blah-click-tone. No pause.

Some of these disconnections have come after being on the phone for a half-hour, and others within a few minutes. There wasn't silence on the line, it was always mid-conversation. I've tried rebooting the OBi, but it's still happening.

I've disconnected the OBi and reconnected the phone directly to the Telco line, and after several long calls without OBi, I haven't had any disconnects. That plus the immediacy of the OBi dial tone when the calls disconnect make me think that this isn't a Teclo issue but that the OBi is resetting or something. (If the Telco dropped the call, I think the OBi would take a while to detect that and the dial tone wouldn't come back so quickly, right?)

Any ideas why this is happening or what I should tweak in the settings? Or do I have yet another OBi gremlin?

Thanks,
-jon

ianobi

I don't know why this should suddenly start happening, but either the OBi110 is faulty or it is picking up something it believes is a disconnect signal.

I would start by disabling every "Detect" setting in this section:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > PSTN Disconnect Detection

If both parties hang up, then the call should still disconnect. If this clears the problem, then bring back each "Detect" setting one at a time to see where the problem may be.

Although unusual, it has been known for some telecom equipment to interpret certain voice frequencies / patterns (usually female) as a disconnect tone.

ipse

Jon, look for my similar post in the firmware thread re 2824. For now I disabled DetectFarEndLongSilence on LINE. Just changing sensitivity did not work.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6678.0
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain