News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 does not receive landline calls

Started by bebphone, September 21, 2013, 02:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bebphone

I have an Obi110, newest software. Connected to the landline and internet (Google Voice).

All features are working, except receiving incoming calls from the landline. When calling the landline from a different phone (or someone else calling), the caller always gets a busy signal.

Calling out via the landline (# prefix) works fine.

I also receive landline calls correctly when bypassing the obi (i.e. connecting my home phone directly to the landline). Of course in this case GV no longer works (point of having the Obi).

I have noticed the problem only recently (when someone could not reach me). As best as I can tell this was working fine. I also have an Obi110 at a different location with the same setup, and it does receive landline calls as expected (in addition to GV).

Many thanks for any help I can get!

ianobi

Two possible problems occur to me. First is that the OBi is rejecting or misrouting the incoming calls. What does the InboundCallRoute look like? The default is:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute: ph

If possible have a look at Status > Call Status while the call is ongoing. It might show where a call is being routed to. If the call is being rejected it may show nothing at all.

Second thing to check is that the Line Port or the cord connecting to the Telco socket may be putting a condition out that makes the line look busy - maybe a partial short. This might not affect outgoing calls.

bebphone

Thanks, all ok, except:

Telco line voltage is ~50V when directly connected to the phone, but drops to ~12V when connected to the Obi, using exactly same wiring in both cases (I did try a few different wires to be sure that's not the issue).

--> looks like the "partial short" is inside the Obi. Presumably I need to replace it?

ianobi

Yes, it looks like a hardware problem. Submit a support ticket to Obihai, they may be able to do some remote testing:

http://www.obihai.com/supportTicketForm2.php