News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot call out with google voice obi100

Started by zx7king, September 23, 2013, 04:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zx7king

Hi

Obi100 ported landline using tmobile method into google voice

I can receive calls fine with caller id displayed
Test call out to obi server works
I can call out from gmail/chat
Forward to google chat checked in voice settings
Test call to 933 works for 911 service

I cannot call out from home phone. I get message about "the balance of your account is too low."
I assume this is coming from google voice but to call domestically I shouldn't need a balance. I am located in North Carolina.

Any thoughts?

Rick

It's not from Google Voice.  Since you setup 911 service, you set that up with some VoIP provider, no?  I suspect that your OBi is using that provider for your outbound calls, and since you didn't put any money in that account you're getting that message.

Dial **1 to force the call to SP1 and dial your number.  If it goes through, that's your GV provider.

If you get the message, dial **2 to force the call to SP2.  If it goes through, that's your GV provider and the message you got with **1 tells you that your 911 provider is setup there.

Note that if you want more than the phone number displayed on incoming calls, GV won't do that.  You'd have to forward your GV calls into another provider to get that information added, and then sent to your OBi. 

zx7king

Thank you for the reply. Sure enough the 911 sp had the "use this for outgoing calls" box checked. Duh can't believe I didn't see that. Will test later. Thanks again.

Rick