News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone rings only once

Started by eduleite, May 16, 2013, 07:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eduleite

I installed a Obi110 succesfully here at home, and I can normally use both SIP and Land Line successfully. When I receive a call from SIP or land line, the phone is ringing only once or twice, and stops ringing, but the lights indicating activity stays blinking, and if I pick the phone, the call is received normally.

When I call via obitalk, the phone ring tone is a bit different from the SIP and Land Line when they ring, and stays ringing as expected until I pick the phone.

Does anyone have any hints to make this behavior consistent across all services?

My phone is a wireless motorola handset (DECT 6.0, model FOX 500).

---EDIT
Forgot to say I am using this unit in Brazil. I switched the Caller Id Recognition Method to DTMF and after this, when the land line rings, the phone rings successfully. When the SIP line rings, sometimes the phone rings correctly, sometimes rings only once. Only after a reboot it comes back to normal... still figuring out what is happening here.

george.brasil

Minhas duvidas são muitas. primeiro sera que é possivel fazer um dialplan para efetuar chamadas para o brasil  , usando uma conta sip ?.

How do I create a dial plan? to call Brazil ?
I can set up a protocol and use a voip to make local calls to Brazil? ?

Shale

Quote from: george.brasil on September 26, 2013, 02:21:54 PM
How do I create a dial plan? to call Brazil ?
I can set up a protocol and use a voip to make local calls to Brazil? ?
To call Brazil from anywhere, including Brazil, you will need a VOIP provider. The price of a call to Brazil will probably be the same if calling from within Brazil or outside Brazil. The dial plan will usually be initially set up by OBiTalk, and then you would adjust it for local purposes. If you get to that point, you would want to post what your local emergency number is, and also what shortened dialing sequences you would want to use to call a Brazilian number. Anveo charges different rates depending on whether you are calling a regular telephone, or if you are calling a cellphone. Rates vary. Anveo's closest point of presence to you is in Texas.  You can get a local VOIP provider. It may charge more or less, but if you are located in Brazil, their Internet path to your OBi will probably be shorter. http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/VOIP+Service+Providers+Business+Latin+America I would check their websites to see what they offer.

Another question you might ask is "how do I get a Brazil phone number so that others can call me as a local call". A Brazilian number from Anveo is $4.50 monthly for a residence including the first 40 minutes per day of inbound calls, and is $0.50 more if you want unlimited minutes for calls in. Business is slightly more. Other providers will have different rates.