News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do you default Phone2 to always use SP2 configuration for outbound calls?

Started by JeffreyN, September 29, 2013, 02:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffreyN

My Obi202 is set up to use my Google Voice number on SP1 ringing phone1 and use my wife's GV number on SP2 ringing phone2.  I want anyone using phone2 to route outbound calls to SP2 automatically by default without having to dial **2 first (so that those calls have my wife's caller ID and not mine and so that my wife doesn't have to do anything special). How is that done?

Also, I had a horrible time configuring this set up. I couldn't get those SP2 GV calls to ring on phone2 although phone2 had no trouble making outgoing calls through her GV. None of the ph2 phones would ring at all and incoming calls rang on ph1 even though that wasn't set anywhere in the online Web Obitalk configuration. I finally found out that the local Current SP2 X_InboundCallRoute setting was this:

{18283955285:ph,sp1

(1831*******;d=1)},{ph}

where the asterisks replace my wife's GV number in area code 831. I think the first 828 number was added by the configuration (either Obi or Google) somehow. I was able to replace that and change it to simply {ph2} which solved the problem--but only if I turned autoprovisioning off for Obi.  What does that weird X_InboundCallRoute do--what set it up and why didn't it work? An explanation would be really helpful to me--as you can tell, I'm a newbie to all this. I spent HOURS on the problem. The fact that the ObiTALK configuration didn't match the internal local IP address configuration puzzled the heck out of me.

Thanks!

Shale

Quote from: JeffreyN on September 29, 2013, 02:37:26 PM
My Obi202 is set up to use my Google Voice number on SP1 ringing phone1 and use my wife's GV number on SP2 ringing phone2.  I want anyone using phone2 to route outbound calls to SP2 automatically by default without having to dial **2 first (so that those calls have my wife's caller ID and not mine and so that my wife doesn't have to do anything special). How is that done?

If using OBiTalk, I think you can just tick the box in the Phone 2 column for "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls" in the SP2 configuration.

Expect the change to be reflected in the "Phone Port Configuration Summary" for your OBi. In fact, check that table before and after so that you can see the change.