News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi won't connect to Google Voice: Backing Off

Started by rjhyde29, March 04, 2013, 08:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjhyde29

Hello,

Last night my internet went out and my modem needed to be reset. Nothing new, internet works fine. My Obi 100 never reconnected (no solid phone LED). Can't send and receive calls.

I have tried:
1) Using the Obi directly through modem to bypass router
2) Changing Google password and inputting new password to Obi Talk Google Voice account
3) ObiTalk loopback test (works)
4) Using a free DNS server (4.2.2.2)
5) Giving the Obi a static IP on my network
6) Changing Google account settings: 2 step confirmation already off (no other settings to change)
7) Factory Reset of Obi
8 ) Delete and reestablish Google Voice account on ObiTalk service

I think it is safe to say that the ObiTalk service is working fine but Google Voice doesn't want to play ball. Why?!!?! Google doesn't seem to have any tech support and the Google forums are less than illuminating.

Please Help!

CoalMinerRetired

Backing off in Obi FAQ here: http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.html#Backing-Off-and-Connected-Status

The Google Voice product forums can have some insights, but they are not targeting an Obi device.

JeffreyN

I have exactly the same problem and I need help with a solution!

My Obi202 has worked fine with my own Google Voice account on SP1 for a year. I finally convinced my wife to abandon her landline and switch to Google Voice. She now has a Google Voice number and her own login ID/password separate from mine. I tried today to set up her Google Voice number on SP2 in the same way I set it up for myself on SP1, using the available configuration wizard to do it easily--but when I submit I get "Backing Off" as the Status instead of "Connected." 

I HAVE read the FAQ on this issue. The Obi202 DOES have the latest firmware She HAS made a call from the Google account to another phone. She HAS disabled 2-Step verification. She HAS checked the forward to Google Chat option. She IS using the primary e-mail address for Google Voice in the Obi202 configuration. That's all that's mentioned in the FAQ for dealing with the problem.

I want my Google Voice configuration to be the same--incoming calls ring on phone1; outgoing calls get made on SP1. I want her configuration to be similar--incoming calls to her number ring phone2; outgoing calls get made on SP2.

Help!  Thanks.