News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obivoice Call reject reason 400

Started by Farfone, March 03, 2014, 07:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farfone

I have signed up with a trial account with obivoice but I cannot make out going calls.  (I can receive calls)

I used the "Advanced OBi Configuration" instructions from the vestalink website to set up my obi 202.  I have tried  changing the ports to 8891 instead of 5060 as suggested on the vestalink website but that does not seem to help.

I did not use the install tool as I would like to continue to use obitalk for SP2, SP3, SP4,all current with Google voice.

I also get a call reject when attempting an echo test.

Any suggestions?  Anyone have a similar issue? 

Obivoice - intelafone-vestalink  support said they will not trouble shoot unless I use their install tool on the Obi 202 and suggested I seek help here.

I would like to see if the service is worth switching too but so far I am not impressed .

gderf

I did a trial of what was Obivoice some time ago. At the time they didn't have any install tool, and manual configuration was necessary. It was painless and I suggest you try it if they will supply you the credential information. Will they?

One thing that could be causing trouble is if you previously had something configured for SP1, you are currently using the OBiTALK service. That service may be holding an old configuration that it will not let you override, even if you delete it and try to configure it again from scratch.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Farfone

@gderf Thanks for the suggestions.  

"Advanced OBi Configuration" is the manual configuration, you're right. it is painless, but unfortunately for me it is not working.

I have tried deleting previous configuration for SP1  and rebooting and then adding the ObiVoice credential but it does not seem to help.  In addition I made the modifications directly via IP instead of Obitalk but that did not help either.

The obi shows connected on the vestalink web page and the SP1 credentials show registered for SP1 but still no out bound calls.