News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call forwarding

Started by padawan, October 01, 2013, 09:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

padawan

I got a virtual phone number from flynumber.com, which I forwarded to ring the SIP address of SP1 on my Obi110. Works fine. SP2 has not been configured. I would like to forward the call received on SP1 to my mobile phone if it is not answered after (say) two rings.
What are the appropriate settings for that?
Thanks.

Shale

I think you would like to have calls to your SP1 also ring your cell after 2 rings (about 12 seconds). The first to pick up the call gets it, so suppose after 15 seconds (example), the phone on the OBi is picked up, the cell stops ringing, and the phone gets the call. If the cell answers first, the cell gets the call.

This may or may not work, based on what your SP1 SIP provider provides. If it does not, you could set up a different provider on SP2 and forward out on SP2.

First record your current Voice Service -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute

I expect it to have ph in there somewhere. It may be just {ph} or it may be something more complex. If it is not something more complex, you should worry about SIP scanners. Feel free to post your string here but change any phone or account numbers to some sample string, as I have done in my description. In my description, 12025556789 represents your cell number. So in your X_InboundCallRoute replace ph with ph,SP1(12025556789;d=12)

Keep the curly braces and other numbers etc. If you set things up with OBiTalk, which you probably did, make your changes in the expert mode of OBiTalk.

============notes follow==========
If you had an OBi202, you would be using ph1 or ph2 instead of ph. I think ph1 may be a synonym for ph.

This is my first try at describing this. Here are some threads I referred to in making it:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3040.0
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4353.0
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=425.20
I am sure these are not the best reference threads, but they were what came up in a few searches I made to research this. I remember more recent threads that described this process, but they did not come up in my search attempts.

padawan

Shale,

Thank you for your reply and for your advice. I've followed it and everything works as it should now.
My initial (and naïve, apparently) approach to forking (as I learned it is called) the calls incoming on SP1 relied on enabling "CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable" and "CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber" but nothing happened.

What is the role of these two options then?

Your point regarding SIP scanners is taken on board and I will implement one of the solutions discussed on the forum.

Regards

Shale

Quote from: padawan on October 03, 2013, 07:11:58 AM

What is the role of these two options then?

I think you had it right, but the number might be entered with the keypad... so that could have its advantages. Did you set CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount?

Anyway, the delayed forking method has the advantage of overlapping the ringing.