News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Did you know what info.Google and CallWithUs needs after registration?

Started by mmjj, November 01, 2013, 07:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmjj

Did you know what info. these services need after registration and paying for services ? Well i have provided email, address,phone#paid with card (which they got credit), and added their service to my obi account, then i try to log in to my account and this is the massage i get;
"We need to verify your identity. Send us a copy of your photo id (passport, driver license or other government issued document) and utility or phone bill which confirms the address on the account, and an image of the credit card (both sides) to verify@callwithus.com. Credit card image should show first 6 and the last 4 digits of the card number, you can hide middle digits and CVV code. Please mention your account number ********** in the message."

their Answer is, you can not log in if we can not verify your ip.(which is hidden somewhere in their terms of contact)

so all of you, whom are at school, work , home etc. which uses proxy or other programs to stop spying of these company's. Beware!

Does anybody knows, of any of listed company's that does not need these extreme info.

gderf

I just signed up with CallWithUs just to experiment and I gave them $5.00US via PayPal. The account was credited within minutes and that was all I had to do.

I have a feeling that they are like everybody else and have been the victim of credit card fraud and no longer blindly accept such payments, at least not initially. They may be less touchy after you have paid them a few times with the same card.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

carl

A lot of VOIP companies have been victims of fraud lately. Their request is not so unusual.

mmjj

well, well. i paid with the paypal too, and they got the credit. the problem is the next step they want you to appear at their offices so they can verify your picture on the driver licence . ::)
fraud is not their concern they get the money and all the info.first. they want your ip so they can sell it, and hence everyone else with some  software get into you putter.
if fraud is the concern, why don't  the visa and others  ask for that kind of inf.

mmjj

Does anyone knows of voip company that doesn't require this kind of info. if you are behind proxy? thanks

mmjj

not sure what your question is but, will try; registered from us with all paypal,us address,phone # etc. that i have used for many years with no problem.thanks