News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 + ObiBT + ObiLine - Internet

Started by mrjoe, October 08, 2013, 02:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

I'd like to use an Obi202 without connecting it to a router, it does not seem to work unless it is given an IP address.

I'm currently using one of these http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WNCE2001-Ethernet-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B005F5N2VY/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1381270509&sr=1-4&keywords=netgear+wnce2001 to give it an IP Address but I'd like to do away with it.

Any ideas?

Unlimited Cellphone plans are so cheap here in Israel that I no longer need to use VoIP!
I even get 2 international Geographic numbers ringing to my Cell for no extra charge!

I'm paying less than $15 for unlimited National to landlines and cellphones.

ajaxmike

give it a static IP.  see the FAQ for how.

mrjoe

Thank you for your response ajaxmike.

It is a good idea.... just tried it though and it still gives me issues.  Whenever I try to make a call it says your IP address is unavailable.

ajaxmike

It sounds to me like you didn't save the static IP.  Ping the address you think you gave it and see if it responds.  If no response, try entering it again.

mrjoe

I did save it, it is now showing as static rather than DHCP problem is when I unplug the WiFi bridge it loses it...