News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Disable RING on PSTN / Phone

Started by copart, October 17, 2013, 01:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copart

I have a phone connected to the LINE port, this phone service FORWARDS all calls to Google Voice.  Google voice is configured on SP1.  I use the PSTN as the default line for outgoing calls. 

My phone service company decided that I need to be reminded that I have FORWARDING turned on and RINGS my PSTN line ONCE each time I get a call.  This is really annoying when the call is BLOCKED via google voice, since I get a single ring for all those telemarketers.  I already tried to get the phone company to disable this, but they say its so that I remember I have forwarding. lol.

How can I disable the ring via ObitTalk?

Shale

I am confident that you can. Whoever helps you with that will want to know if you want all incoming calls disabled on the Line port, or just calls from a particular caller ID.

There is a setting for how long incoming PSTN calls are inhibiting from ringing the phone, so you could just extend that time. Or you could cause no incoming call to ring your phone....

So I see three different ways.

ianobi

Looking at Shale's three ways:

1. Stop all calls from ringing the phone:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute: {}

2. Stop a few specific CallerIDs from ringing the phone:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute:

{(12222222222|13333333333):},{ph}

12222222222 & 13333333333 will be blocked. All other CallerIDs will ring the phone.

3. Increase the delay before any inbound PSTN call rings the phone:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > RingDelay: 4000

Default is 4000 (4 seconds), which I would have thought would be enough to absorb the first ring anyhow. If you use this method experiment to see what works for you, but remember it delays all ringing from any number.