News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call waiting incoming on PTSN line

Started by dirk101, April 15, 2011, 05:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirk101

Here is my setup
Incoming land line calls are routed to my iphone via voip.ms on SP1.  With Bria as my iphone client.  Call waiting gives an audible tone in the iphones handset but Bria isn't handling it properly. I assume it's simply relaying the tone on the landline. The only way I can get to the other call is to hang up with the first call and then it will ring through. I confirmed this with another app and it does the same thing.
Any ideas on how I can handle call waiting on my land line?

Thanks
Derek

RonR

This is just a guess as I don't find anything in the OBi Device Administration Guide, but I seriously doubt there is any mechanism in place for sending a hook flash from your iPhone back to the OBi.

dirk101

Yea I'm beginning to feel the same way. Although 110 does a lot of stuff I can't see how it would accomplish that.

If I can get just my call waiting turned off on the land line then I could do a forward on busy to a DID at voip.ms I could then route it from there. I can get a DID for .99 a month and cheap by the min. rates. The only time I would be paying the rates would be when I have a second call come in and that's not very common.

This is fun!