News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant issue - My Obi110 hangs up when I pick up phone

Started by slyphoxj, October 17, 2013, 11:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slyphoxj

My first time posting here...

My setup:

SP1:  Callcentric sub-account (second extension)
SP2:  My main Callcentric account
LINE port:  Connected to a dead landline
PHONE port:  Splitter with my desk phone plugged into one jack.  The other jack is plugged into my house phone wiring and supplies service to the rest of the phones, and a fax machine, in my house

My InboundCallRoute for my SP1 service is:

{aa};{>1777xxxxxxxxxx:ph}

(where "xxxxxxxxxx" are the remaining digits of the Callcentric sub-account I have SP1 registered to)

I have a Call Treatment to route any caller not in my Callcentric Phone Book to SP1.  Calls routed to SP1 are answered by my Obi110's Auto Attendant that requires them to press 1 to ring my phones.  I config'ed the AA to hang up if 1 is not pressed after a certain length of time (robocall block).

Callers in my Phone Book are routed to SP2 and ring my phone directly, bypassing the Auto Attendant.

My issue:  When an anonymous/unknown caller gets the Obi Auto Attendant and presses 1 to ring my phones, the call disconnects almost immediately when I pick up, but doesn't disconnect for non-anonymous callers.

Which setting(s) should I look at and possibly change to keep my Obi110 from hanging up when I answer anonymous calls? 

I'm doing this setup as a workaround to block robocalls until Callcentric implements an IVR, hopefully soon.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give.

ianobi

slyphoxj - welcome to the forum.

I don't have the definite answer, but here's some observations:

Quote{aa};{>1777xxxxxxxxxx:ph}

It may be a typo, but the separator should be a comma not a semi-colon. The rule {aa} will take every incoming call regardless of CallerID or number called, so {>1777xxxxxxxxxx:ph} will never be used. I would suggest:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{>1777xxxxxxxxxx:aa}

QuoteI config'ed the AA to hang up if 1 is not pressed after a certain length of time (robocall block).

I'm assuming you achieved this by disabling NumberOnNoInput. I'm just checking for clues here in case you used some other method.

If none of the above help, then I wonder if the problem lies with how Callcentric deals with anonymous calls? I can't help you there as I don't use them, but plenty here do.

slyphoxj

Quote from: ianobi on October 18, 2013, 08:15:08 AM
slyphoxj - welcome to the forum.

I don't have the definite answer, but here's some observations:

Quote{aa};{>1777xxxxxxxxxx:ph}

It may be a typo, but the separator should be a comma not a semi-colon. The rule {aa} will take every incoming call regardless of CallerID or number called, so {>1777xxxxxxxxxx:ph} will never be used. I would suggest:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{>1777xxxxxxxxxx:aa}

QuoteI config'ed the AA to hang up if 1 is not pressed after a certain length of time (robocall block).

I'm assuming you achieved this by disabling NumberOnNoInput. I'm just checking for clues here in case you used some other method.

If none of the above help, then I wonder if the problem lies with how Callcentric deals with anonymous calls? I can't help you there as I don't use them, but plenty here do.

I changed my InboundCallRoute to {>1777xxxxxxxxxx:aa} (where the x's represent my actual account number)... it still hangs up when I pick up the phone to answer an anonymous call.

And yes, I did clear the NumberOnNoInput field to instruct the Obi to hang up if 1 is not pressed after a certain time to keep robocalls from getting through.