News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't redial a number with extra digits

Started by BostonFern, June 30, 2013, 01:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BostonFern

My phone saves the last number I dialed, and appends to it all the extra the digits I pushed after the call was connected.     If I use the redial feature,  the call wouldn't go through because of these extra numbers, and give me a busy tone.

This means I can't redial a number, especially a business number that requires some phone tree navigation.  It's frustrating, as my old landline had no such problem.

Is there a way to get around this problem?

Shale

OBi devices have these, which I have not tried. You try, and let us know how that works for you:

*05, Tell device to periodically redial the last called number until the called party rings or answers
*06, Cancel the last repeat dial request
*07  Redial

BostonFern

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.  Obi202 does attempt to redial the number saved by my phone, however, the redial cannot be successful because the saved number has a few extra digits.

To give you an example, calling this number will be fine
888 111 2222

However, calling this number will never work
888 111 2222 333

Shale

Quote from: BostonFern on June 30, 2013, 08:26:59 AM
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.  Obi202 does attempt to redial the number saved by my phone, however, the redial cannot be successful because the saved number has a few extra digits.

I see. It was not clear to me that you were using the OBi's redial feature. When you said "My phone saves the last number I dialed, and appends to it all the extra the digits I pushed after the call was connected", I thought you meant you were using your phone's redial button rather than the *07 star code to invoke OBi's feature. So I was hoping that the OBi would have remembered just the phone number that it last used, and not any phone tree or access code digits that were made during the call.

BostonFern

Actually, you were right about my problem.  I just didn't understand what your reply meant.   I just realized what your first reply was trying to tell me.  I tried *07 and it works perfectly.

Yes, if I use the redial feature of my phone, I would have problems.  But using Obi's redial,  I have no problem.

bill-cary

;D  THERE IS an answer for this. U need to modify the DigiMap.
OBI should do this as default - r u listening Obi
HOWEVER, it won't work if u dialed a local 7 digit # then extra VRU digits - if u always use the AC then it will work on local numbers. If u want to require dialing AC all the time take <1919>[2-9]xxxxxx| out of the Map.

this is the default DigiMap
(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1919>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)
919 = my AC

Change it to this on the web under advanced - if u chg it on the device Obi will chg it back.

(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|<1919>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

the S0 causes the Obi to dial immediately on either of those 2 scenarios so the server will never see the extra digits. If u add S0 to the one that auto dials your local area code <1919>[2-9]xxxxxx it will never let u dial the 3rd scenario <1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0 - so don't do it.

as a note u can require digits to be entered to dial an outside line or a password.

(*xx|<9988:>1xxxxxxxxxxSO|<9988:1919>[2-9]xxxxxx|<<9988:1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxSO|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

9988 then is the password -- careful -- the pw must not match any other possible dial sequence like 011xx