News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DTMF Google Talk Environment or setting?

Started by mogulman, October 22, 2013, 08:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogulman

I've been using an Obihai 202 (latest firmware) with Google talk for the last 6 months.   It has worked pretty well.

Sometimes I notice delay between parties when I speak, and when the other person hears me.  Also, when they speak and when I hear them.  That has been going on since the beginning.

Over the last week, I've noticed that DTMF isn't going through correctly about 75% of the time when calling into a conference bridge when I'm at home.   This wasn't happening before.  Is there anything I can do to help with this, or is this just environmental due to ISP/Internet, etc?

I'm using the default settings for Google Talk with Obihai.

I am behind a linksys EA3500 router and Motorola 6120 cable modem/comcast.  I have a 10-15ms latency to the Denver Comcast server, with 100/22 Mbs speed.

22ms latency to talk.google.com

Any ideas? or is that just the way it is?

RFC3261

Quote from: mogulman on October 22, 2013, 08:39:24 AM
Any ideas? or is that just the way it is?

There are many possible issues, but step one, to decide if the issue is upstream or in your residence is to replace your router with just the OBi202 (you may need to reboot your CM to let it see the OBi mac address), plug your phones directly in (and if you are using IP phones, one directly into the LAN port), and see if the problem remains.  If not, there is something in your environment that is resulting in excessive (perhaps random) delays or jitter.  Be aware that you should test over multiple attempts.  Any one test may result in abnormal results.

mogulman

BTW..I should note that I use 2 other VoIP providers.. OOMA and Viatalk and no issues with DTMF.