News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

random disconnected calls, frequent need to reboot

Started by BillDoe, October 22, 2013, 07:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillDoe

If I wasn't calling for free I'd be even more furious.

1 - Persistent problems with device disconnecting me from calls after 10-15 minutes.

2 - It often slips into "there is no service available..." mode multiple times a day and since I have no notification of this, my phone can be "dead" for hours or even days without me even knowing it is down.

3 - Could not utilize GV conference calling option...just got a beep indicating an additional caller wanting to join but no voice prompt as to how to add like shown in the video.

What gives?

Shale

For testing, you could try connecting your OBi directly to your modem with no router.

Alternatively, try putting the OBi into the DMZ. Make sure you have a strong password first.

BillDoe

I plugged it directly into a high speed switch (from router)

Help on what DMZ is and how to do it?

Shale

DMZ:  These will tell you some general information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_%28computing%29

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/internet_connect_online.jsp?menu=routers&submenu=net-ht-router-dmz

Then you will need to apply that to you specific router.
1. Get the model number of your router.
2. Put that model number along with "DMZ" into a search with your favorite search engine.
3. Look for results that identify how to put a particular computer into the DMZ.

BillDoe

Tx Shale - I will monitor its behavior plugged into switch vs router and see what happens, then move on the DMZ should there be continued  problems

btw - one of the biggest problems is when it goes into whatever mode we're calling it (lets go with Offline), I have no way of knowing...is there any tool, app, whatever that would show me when the obi goes into "cardiac arrest?"

BillDoe

Plugging directly to switch (fed from modem) has not resolved the random disconnecting...