News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 for overseas

Started by whtu, October 23, 2013, 03:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whtu

I am new to the OBi device, so please pardon my lack of knowledge.
I am planning to take the OBi110 overseas so that I can call the US number for free.
My understanding is that if I am not at my oversea home and want to use the OBi device to call an US number, I can call the land line phone number that's connected to the device and use OBi to bridge my call, correct?
If that's the case, does that mean every time when I call my home phone land line number, I am going to get to the Auto Attendant service from the Obi? Is there any way that I can skip the OBi when I am simply calling someone at home, but not needing its service?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Shale

You can add or delete your cellphone from the trusted callers to enable or disable bringing up the attendant.

whtu

Thanks Shale.
I guess I am asking if there is a way that I can do it without having to log into obitalk and change the setting.

Shale

Yes.

In X_InboundCallRoute for each provider or LINE, there will be something like {(x.9876543210):aa},{ph1} if you are set up with a trusted caller. Change each to just {ph1} when you don't want that caller to invoke aa.

Remember when you do the changes on the OBi device built-in website directly, don't use OBiTalk, and vice versa.

I was just realizing that you are going to ask if you can do it without logging into the local web server either: .... I doubt it.

Come on.... you only have to hit a 1 on your cellphone calling phone to ring through from aa. How hard can that be?

(thanks drgeoff-- good point)

drgeoff

Quote from: Shale on October 23, 2013, 04:00:50 PM
You can add or delete your cellphone from the trusted callers to enable or disable bringing up the attendant.
I do not understand the reference to cellphone.  I know some ways to call the USA from elsewhere for free but using a cellphone is not one of them.

How is whtu intending to originate his calls from when outside the US?