News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202: Inbound messages garbled

Started by Lafong, October 25, 2013, 07:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lafong

I'm a brand new user. Just got this thing today.

I'm using Google Voice on SP1. I can call out. Callers can dial my number and connect to my phone, but any message left directly on my phone's built-in answerer is highly garbled----unintelligible.

If I instead have Google Voice do the answering, I can hear the message fine----if I go online to Google.

Problem is, I want understandable messages on my phone itself, using its built-in answering. I don't want to have to go online to find out who has called.

The built-in answering works perfectly with my old provider---Cox, which I believe is also VOIP.

I screen ALL of my calls. I never pick up the phone. The ringer is turned off at the phone. The only way I even know I've had a call is if I look at the phone and see the blinking light indicating a message.

As far as I know, I have all default settings on the OBI and Google, other than that firmware auto-provisioning is turned off.

One phone. One phone service. A very vanilla setup as far as I can see. The phone is a 3 or 4 year old Panasonic corded model. No cell phones, no extensions, no additional handsets, etc.

Any advice?