News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiLine - Cannot Place Calls over PSTN connected to OBiLine

Started by N2VWZ, October 25, 2013, 03:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N2VWZ

Equipment:
OBi202    3.0.1 (Build: 4142)
OBiLine

Problem:
I can receive incoming calls from the PSTN connected to the OBiLine module, but I receive a fast busy when trying to place a call on that line by dialing **70.

Is this a configuration issue or defective hardware?  What is the solution?

Shale

Suppose you dial ## ?

I don't know OBiLine, but http://www.obihai.com/obiline suggested ##.
I just thought that the results of that test would be useful.

N2VWZ

Quote from: Shale on October 25, 2013, 04:10:25 PM
Suppose you dial ## ?

I don't know OBiLine, but http://www.obihai.com/obiline suggested ##.
I just thought that the results of that test would be useful.

Quote from: InstructionsThe most direct way is to dial ## before the number you wish to call.

I dialed ## and it immediately started to ring.  I don't know what number it is calling - I didn't wait to long for an answer because I don't want any long distance charges.  Perhaps it's grabbing something from my speed call list.

Update: I unplugged the PSTN cable and it acts the same.  Most likely, it's dialing something from the speed call list using the default line.

Quote from: InstructionsThe other method is to dial **70, followed by the destination number, to route a call to the service connected to the OBiLINE device, e.g. **70-1-212-555-1234. This method is useful when you are bridging a call to the landline service connected to OBiLINE via the OBi Attendant or wish to add a third party to an existing VoIP call – for a 3-way call.

As stated earlier, This method produces an immediate fast busy after dialing **70 and won't accept any additional digits.

ianobi

QuoteProblem:
I can receive incoming calls from the PSTN connected to the OBiLine module, but I receive a fast busy when trying to place a call on that line by dialing **70.

This looks like a configuration problem. Check your Phone Ports 1&2 DigitMaps and OutboundCallRoutes. They need updating to use OBiLine with **70 codes. The defaults should look like this (of course, you may have made changes to suit your own needs):

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port 1&2 > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port 1 > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port 2 > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

N2VWZ

Quote from: ianobi on October 26, 2013, 06:20:34 AM

This looks like a configuration problem. Check your Phone Ports 1&2 DigitMaps and OutboundCallRoutes. They need updating to use OBiLine with **70 codes. The defaults should look like this (of course, you may have made changes to suit your own needs):

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port 1&2 > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

This was the problem.  I originally copied the phone port 1 settings from an OBi100 box because it has custom settings for secondary dial tones and didn't want to take the time to reverse engineer the changes I made 2 years earlier.

I reloaded the default OBi202 string and added the secondary dial tone changes.  It seems to be working now.