December 12, 2017, 04:23:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how do i login to OBiON using Google account (like on the website)  (Read 78972 times)
ffly45

« on: October 25, 2013, 07:48:56 pm »

i can't use my Google credentials to log in to the OBiON app like I can on the website.

is it not possible?

seems like an essential feature that needs to be added asap...
HelloG

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 07:11:34 pm »

Once you create an account on ObiTalk, login, and set you ObiTalk password. That's the password to use with the app, not your Google password.
Darzl

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 03:17:52 pm »

Still not clear.
I created a obi talk account with google account sign in...
There is a "Device Display Name" in Obitalk -- is that content my "User ID" on OBION?
There is a "Webpage Admin Password" -- is that content my "password" on OBION?

Very confusing.
HelloG

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 06:29:51 pm »

You have to go into Edit Profile once you log in on the web site.  Look for the "Change Password" section.  Set a password there, and that's the one to use with the app.

In short, the credentials you use to log in to the ObiTalk website is what you use with the app.  Not your Google credentials.
Darzl

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 07:17:12 pm »

The use google account to login to Obitalk.
Sorry, still not clear.
No matter what I put in for Old Password, it says "Your old password is incorrect."
I wrote the password down when I first entered it.

I am sure I am missing something.
I need old password to change it.

Does Obitalk have password recovery?
bukzin

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 10:39:47 am »

Did this ever get sorted out?

I can't even find Obion to download, either ios or Android.

There must be a work-around.    Any ideas?

Thx
DrJay

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 05:36:37 am »

Did this ever get sorted out?

I can't even find Obion to download, either ios or Android.

There must be a work-around.    Any ideas?

Thx

If the problem you're trying to solve is how to place VoIP calls on a device that isn't a phone (a computer or tablet) or if you're in a place with no phone service but decent Wi-Fi or you're trying to avoid hideous international roaming charges, here's another way to solve the problem that doesn't involve the OBiON app. Maybe they should rename it OBiOFFCheesy

If, and only if, you're using a Google Voice number with your OBiHAI, you can place and receive VoIP calls with the Google Hangouts app.

For iOS devices, download the Hangouts app from the App Store.

For Android devices you need two apps from Google Play: 1. Google Hangouts and 2. Google Dialer. The latter is just a helper app that adds a dialer to the base Hangouts app. Tapping either the Hangouts shortcut or the Dialer one will take you to the same place so you don't need to have both icons on your home screen. The Hangouts app is likely preloaded on your Android device but the Dialer may not be.

Sign into the Hangouts app using your Google/Gmail credentials, tap the dialpad icon and place your call. Your OBiHAI device is completely out of the picture here; calls are handled directly through Google's system.

Calls to the US and Canada numbers are free if you're in the US or Canada, or 1 cent/minute if you're anywhere else. International calls are at the standard GV rates - calls to many places cost as little as a penny a minute https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/rates.

Your outbound CID will be your GV number. You can toggle a setting in the app if you want/don't want to receive calls to your device using the Hangouts app. I leave the setting switched off most of the time because my mobile phone is one of my GV forwarding phones.  I do switch on the inbound calls setting if I'm traveling outside the US, when my phone is on airplane mode with Wi-Fi selectively switched. I avoid voice and data roaming voice on an international carrier unless absolutely necessary. If I'm on a (free) Wi-Fi network (the only legit reason to walk into a McDonald's in Paris  Cool) and someone calls me on my GV number, I can take the call with no roaming charges.

I used (well... tried to use) the OBiON app for years. It was kludgy and couldn't complete a call most of the time. At its best, the connection was jittery and laggy. It was a science experiment, not a real application. OBiHAI never updated it and they provided no support for it.

I wasted a lot of time with another app called Tapatalk. Anyone remember that POS? Lots of tapping, not much talking.

Then one day Google merged Hangouts with Google Voice and the app added VoIP calling and I never looked back.

If you use a VoIP carrier other than Google Voice, check with them to see if they have their own app.
glnz2

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 12:17:23 pm »

I'm having the same problem to sign in to Obi stuff.
First I created our Gmail and Google Voice accounts with the same user name and same password.
Then I set up the Obi200 and tried to use the same, but I recall it prompted me to set up with a big square "Sign up with Google" button.  If I input anything at all, it was the same user name and same password.

How can I log in for all the Obi stuff?  Why is it apparently different from what I did?

How can I fix this without screwing everything up?

OBi200 with white plastic phone
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: