News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Limit call length? How to drop the call after 30 mins?

Started by toysareforboys, October 31, 2013, 06:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toysareforboys

Using Obi110, mostly Google Voice on SP1.

Is there a way to limit the outgoing call length? After 30 mins I want it to drop the call.

Didn't see a way to do this, if anyone has any ideas let me know. If I can't figure something out in the OBi I can put it on a timer for christmas lights and it'll "blink" the power to the OBi every 30 mins ;)

-Jamie M.

Rick

Your timer idea won't work, you could be on a call for 10 seconds and the 30 minute interval would be hit.  Also would prevent an emergency call from going out.  Don't assume that in a power outage OBi will successfully reconnect when the power resumes.

toysareforboys2

Quote from: Rick on November 01, 2013, 04:46:19 AM
Your timer idea won't work, you could be on a call for 10 seconds and the 30 minute interval would be hit.  Also would prevent an emergency call from going out.  Don't assume that in a power outage OBi will successfully reconnect when the power resumes.
Thanks for the reply Rick :)

My christmas light timer has a bright LCD display that will be visible to anyone using the phone. If there is only a few minutes left until the next reset they can wait until the reset then make their call.

They can't use this phone for emergencies anyway, only uses GV ;)

I've done lots of tests just cutting the power on the Obi and other then some very messed up call logs I've never had an issue with it not reconnecting perfectly every time. The Obi (110) boots and connects so damn fast, it's only down for maybe 10 seconds before you can make a call again.

I'll call Obi today and see if they have a solution. 30 mins after the call starts is better then a reset every 30 mins even if a call isn't in use.

-Jamie M.

QBZappy

@toysareforboys2

Here is a setting that controls calls with a timer:

SPX Service
X_BridgedOutboundCallMaxDuration (30 minutes = 1800 seconds)

Read this:    
How Do I Bridge Two SIP Service Provders with the OBi?
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=44.msg75#msg75

In above mentioned thread it mentions calling into the OBi and using the AA to bridge the call. Timer should work in this use case as it is designed for this.

Another potentially more practical use case for you is to try calling the AA directly from the phone **0 and make a new call using the prompts. This isn't really bridging since it is not connecting two voice services. We may need to use a voip provider or the OBi|TALK service to actually set up a proper bridged call for this to work I haven't tested this.

Let us know the results.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.