News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk service down?

Started by gundan, November 04, 2013, 03:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gundan

Hi,

This morning when I logged into the web portal, it showed me that my Obi110 was not connected.  But when I dialled in home and connect to my Obi I see both connections SP1(GV)/SP2(Callcentric) registered fine and the phone seems to be working ok.

The status page all the way in the bottom says for ObiTalk Service Status
"Backing off"

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
G

gderf

I'm seeing the same thing. In my endpoints list, my OBi status is offline. But if I click on my OBi all my SPs are either connected or registered. I don't see any "Backing Off" entries. Calls work fine.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

sdb-

Quote from: gundan on November 04, 2013, 03:59:11 AM
This morning when I logged into the web portal, it showed me that my Obi110 was not connected.  But when I dialled in home and connect to my Obi I see both connections SP1(GV)/SP2(Callcentric) registered fine and the phone seems to be working ok.

The status page all the way in the bottom says for ObiTalk Service Status
"Backing off"

I saw the same thing for a few hours.  During that the OBiTalk test number (**9 222 222 222) came back with the "no service" message while my SP1 and SP2 worked fine.  I wondered if I had broken it since I had just configured a VG, but OBiTalk did come back later and then their test number worked fine.

gderf

Status on my OBi is now "online" (green). But dialing the echo test gives either a busy signal or "There is no service available....." Incoming and outgoing calls to/from my SPs work.

MurrayB

I am able to communicate again between my Obi units 10:54AM EST. All lights green.

gundan

Earlier in the am, a few minutes after my posting I noticed in the Status page I was signed in and it has been green since then.  May be somebody in Obi noticed an app being down and restarted it :-)

gderf

But can call the echo test number?

Echo

I called the echo test number and it worked on my obi box phone and on my Obion app. Yay!

I had switched to FreedomPop for my Internet provider and my up-connection with google voice usually broke my voice pretty badly even though the other party sounded great to me. I wanted to use a less-demanding codec but learned that GV only accepts G711u. I started a subscription with voip.ms because they support G729a, which uses like 1/8 of the bandwidth of G711U. I deployed it first on a Linksys PAP2T, then moved it over to the Obi box SP2. Works well.

Next I determined that ObiNet, with the **9 numbers, also can use G729a so I use that to call my other Obi in another location that has a high bandwidth Internet. That auto attendant answers and I press 2 to make a call. THAT call is free cuz it goes over GV.

So I only have to pay for incoming calls when GV rings my voip.ms number. They charge only 1 cent per minute. I have the voip.ms phone spoof my GV number, so when I can't use Obinet, I call with .ms and show my GV caller ID.

Boy, the things we phone geeks do to save a little money!

sdb-

Quote from: Echo on November 04, 2013, 03:03:01 PM
Boy, the things we phone geeks do to save a little money!

No doubt!

I remember when calling across the country had a daytime rate, an evening rate, and a night rate.  I used to wait for the night rate so it was only $1.00 per minute.  (And a candy bar was only a dime, so that dollar was pretty precious!)  That means calling west to east was better done in the early morning, and east to west was better done at night.  Either way you were up odd hours -- late or early.

And then came the deregulation and the end of the long-distance monopoly.  Southern Pacific Railroad used their internal telecommunications division to start a long-distance carrier using digital fiber optic lines laid on their right-of-way.  My, how far SPRINT has come.  They don't advertise "so clear you can hear a pin drop" any more.

And now we obsess about a cent or two, and sometimes even a fraction of a cent per minute!

giqcass

Quote from: Echo on November 04, 2013, 03:03:01 PM
I had switched to FreedomPop for my Internet provider

Are you on the 3g or wimax connection with FreedomPop?  I'm curios as to how well it works with voip on 3g.  FreedomPops new service Fredom Phone is all voip.
Long live our new ObiLords!