News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric Sp2 rings but if answered, nothing can be heard

Started by ahmadcpa, November 03, 2013, 08:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahmadcpa

Hi all,

I have Google Voice setup on my Sp1 of my OBi110.  As you all may know, GV may not work on Obi anymore beginning May 14 of next year.  I got the free phone number from Callcentric and set it up using the auto settings available through the web portal on my OBi110.  On the web portal, it does say registered!  However, if the Callcentric number is called, it rings but if answered, no audio can be heard.  From the caller's prospective, the rings just continue as if no one answered. 

Help is greatly appreciated and just piece of information, the Obi device is located in Jordan and I am in California, so I have to do this through the web portal

Shale

Try putting the OBI into the "DMZ" of the router.

I guess this presumes you have set up the router for remote admin and that you know the admin password.

itzmejoey

ahmadcpa, did you ever get this resolved?  I have the exact same setup, and I am having the exact same issue.  Obi portal says device registered, and Callcentric says my Obi is registered with it as well.  When people call, the phone rings, but there's no one there and they say the phone just keeps ringing and ringing on their end.  I am unable to make outgoing calls as well.  I get nothing but dead air.  Tried putting it on the DMZ and it did not resolve the issue.  This just started out of the blue a few weeks ago.

ahmadcpa

I couldn't fix it because the device is overseas.  I am heading out there around May so I'll try to figure it out at that time.  In the mean time,  I emailed both Callcentric and Obi and they both stated the same thing quoted below:
"If you could, please try logging into your router's configuration (generally the Security section), and try checking to see if there are any settings pertaining to "Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)" or SIP ALG. If you do see any options pertaining to the above mentioned, please disable them as these settings have been known to cause issues with SIP / VoIP communication in general." That's from Callcentric

and from Obi:

This could be due to SIP-ALG presence on the router that you have the OBi
connected to.
Please make sure to disable the SIP-ALG on that router.  Follow this link:
http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.html#registering-to-SIP-SP-audio-prob

After that, power cycle both your router and OBi.

Regards,
Obihai Technology

itzmejoey

Wow.  I do in fact have that exact setting on mine, and disabling it worked.  I was able to make and receive a few calls just now.  I wonder why this all of a sudden stopped working with Callcentric?  GV has worked fine all along.