News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric Free Phone Number as GV Replacement

Started by pitcritter, November 03, 2013, 03:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitcritter

With the big news coming out last week, I've been thinking about how to fill the upcoming void. My main concern is transparency for my incoming callers and also simplicity. I don't want to have to change numbers again. I only recently ported into GV.

It I get one of Callcentric's free NYS numbers, can I keep my GV number, and have it forward to the new number? I'd use my current SP1 for all outgoing calls..

I'm still pretty new to this. Would this setup work?

Rick

There are several posts in the past few days that discuss this, the answer is yes.

heny

incoming call is not an issue, but we can't use gv to call out via gv number anymore.

what will you use to call out? what is the setup?

pitcritter

My SP1 is setup and working flawlessly with FreePhoneLine.ca.

If you're not interested in a CDN DID, this won't be any help though.

I'm in Ontario, so it's a perfect fit.

toysareforboys

Quote from: heny on November 03, 2013, 08:19:19 AM
incoming call is not an issue, but we can't use gv to call out via gv number anymore.

what will you use to call out? what is the setup?
Some outgoing voip providers let you spoof your CallerID (i.e. VoipJumper), so it'd still show your Google Voice number even when you're using them to call out.

You could also port your GV number (for free) over to Anveo and get unlimited incoming calls, sweet voicemail setup, good outgoing rates, etc. etc. for $2/mo.

Quote from: pitcritter on November 03, 2013, 08:23:05 AM
My SP1 is setup and working flawlessly with FreePhoneLine.ca.
Just so I'm clear, there's no monthly fee for phoneline.ca? A $50 one time fee to "unlock" their voip service for use with your Obi, then free unlimited outgoing calls to 95% of Canada and unlimited incoming calls as well?

What's the difference with their Fongo service, instead of paying the $50 you just pay $4.95/mo?? Do you know if Fongo lets us use our own SIP/ATA adapter (like the Obi). Their outgoing rates are pretty terrible so I'd like to use someone else for outgoing to the USA and overseas.

-Jamie M.