News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Greetings! Ah, yes I need some small help too.

Started by Veeresh, November 03, 2013, 11:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veeresh

Hello folks.

Greetings from India. Ah yes, Happy Diwali too.

I have two devices 110 and 100. And I am at my wits end on how to configure them with following use case:

1. Using Phone Port dial short cuts and the actual number is dialed. For, e.g, if I dial a number *1, the actual number 16032191234 gets dialed out on the only SIP registered SIP1.
2. This is specific to 110. If an incoming call is not received in say 4 rings, then a ring tone be presented, so that a call over SIP can be made. If that call can be made using *1 shortcuts/abbreviated number, that would be awesome.

Above is the requirements for my parents and they would like to dial *1 to dial me, *2 to some other number and so on.

I have tried following documents, but honestly I am confused, so am yelping for help here.

Thanks
Veeresh

ianobi

Happy Diwali to you too! Here in the UK it coincided with Guy Fawkes celebrations (Lots of fireworks etc), so we had extra lights in the sky   :)

Speed dials should be set up using the OBi Dashboard. "1" slot is normally hard wired to be the softphone number associated with that OBi. Simply fill in the numbers in each slot and hit the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page. Then wait for the OBi to reboot itself. To dial say speed dial "2", simply dial "2#". For speed dial "23" dial "23#"

Let's say you put 16032191234 in slot 2. If you dial "2#", then 16032191234 will be sent out on the Primary Line, which by default is sp1 for an OBi100. If it was not the Primary Line, then you would use the "**1" prefix to make the OBi use sp1. So in slot 2 you would have **116032191234.

Quote2. This is specific to 110. If an incoming call is not received in say 4 rings, then a ring tone be presented, so that a call over SIP can be made. If that call can be made using *1 shortcuts/abbreviated number, that would be awesome.

I'm not sure what is required here. Do you wish the call to be automatically forwarded if not answered in a set number of rings? This can be done, but needs a specified number for the call to be forwarded to.