News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how do I send all of my soft phone calls to my PSTN?

Started by GreenGuy, December 16, 2013, 12:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenGuy

I want to use a soft phone to call out on my PSTN.  I can do this on my linksys SPA3102 unit, but I can't figure how to do it with the OBI110.

giqcass

The way you set this up will depend on whether you plan to do it just on your local network or if you plan to also do it from outside of your local network as well.  What softphones and/or sip services are you using?  Obion is an option depending on the platform.
Long live our new ObiLords!

giqcass

You can use a method like this but set your Auto attendants PrimaryLine to use your PSTN.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6862.0
You can use one Callcentric account with multiple extensions or you could use any number of other providers.  You can require a pin number to dial out if you like.  Dial through is also possible.

GreenGuy

I am not using a normal soft phone.  I am using an automated voice alarm dialing service provided by Ignition (inductiveautomation.com).  It uses SIP and is normally set up to port 5060.  The software works well on an ATCOM IP-01 as well as a Linksys SPA3102.  I am not using a provider on the internet, and I want all of my calls to go out over the PSTN (AT&T).  I am not interested in incoming calls at this time.

azrobert

Can you point the service to the IP address and port of the OBi110? Port 5060 points to SP1 and 5061 points to SP2. Whichever one you pick must be defined as SIP.

Try a call after doing above. If it's setup correctly it will ring your OBi110 Phone Port. Answer the call and see if you have any audio problems. The next step is to add routing in the OBi110 to send the call out the Line Port. Post back and I or someone else will help with the routing.

ChrisJacob

This is exactly what I am trying to do. (although I am using a SIP soft phone)
What username and password would I use to connect my soft phone back to the OBi202?

Thanks!

-cj

azrobert

Quote from: ChrisJacob on December 18, 2013, 04:42:34 PM
This is exactly what I am trying to do. (although I am using a SIP soft phone)
What username and password would I use to connect my soft phone back to the OBi202?

Thanks!

-cj

You cannot register a softphone to the OBi. If it requires registration you are SOL. You can use any username and password is not required.

Then add the following rule to your SPx inbound call route:
{username>(1xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxx):li}

A call from username with a 11, 10 or 7 digit dialed number will be routed out the line port.

GreenGuy,

You can use the same rule. If you don't know the username the service is using sign into the OBi110 using the Web interface. Then go to Status -> Call History. The Peer Number on the inbound call is the username.

ChrisJacob

Thanks for the reply.

What I'm trying to do is this...
http://blog.obihai.com/2012/08/use-your-obi202-as-google-voice-gateway.html

Only substituting a SIP soft phone for the Cisco.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-cj

azrobert

I know this has been discussed on the forum, but I don't know if anybody got this to work. Try a search for "pnn.obihai" and see what you get.

I see from the other topic you started you are using the Yate Client. The Yate Client requires registration, so you can't use the method I described above.

Here is another way to do this:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6862.0

This requires another service and it's a two stage dialing. You call into the OBi and get the Auto Attendant, then call out.

giqcass

If the device requires registration it won't work without some kind of third party service or device.  You could use a third party service like Callcentric for free that would call your Obi for free then place the call through your line port.

You could use a personal Asterisk server in your home.  You would want to put the Obi and asterisk server on a Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) in case of power failure.

Since this is for an alarm and it's going to be low usage maybe you should just use a service like localphone. You could add as little as $1 and the credit last forever as long as you use it at least once per year. If you need 911 calling Anveo can do that for $0.80 per month.

If power goes out the Obi110 even the old one with the relay will lose all sip connectivity which means no ability to make a call through the line port that is initiated by a sip device.