News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

A standing ovation for MarkObihai!

Started by QBZappy, November 14, 2014, 03:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

Mark is doing an excellent job at putting some order into the public face of obihai by organizing the topics on this forum. His latest attempt at documenting firmware changes has been more than likely the number one request on this forum. Good work Mark, we will be expecting this from you from now on.

I'll see that you get that Christmas bonus. :)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

cluckercreek

GregoryZ

There are a LOT of GREAT Folks on this site. 

Each giving their own input, to keep this form what it is.

So, to Mark and the others, I will just say THANK YOU!
(The others know who they are.)  LOL

So, to my friends on here who I've met and to everyone who contributes, THANKS!
(I miss not being online as often as I used to be.)

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

ianobi

+1

Mark gives useful information and enhances Obihai's public image.

Johnny

I agree with the others.  Thanks Mark!

Also, as was mentioned, there are quite a lot of folks who contribute on here, and they know who they are.

To them I also give thanks.

Now, if we could only get RonR back... ;D

MarkObihai

Thank you all so much for your kind comments!  :)

This forum is made by all of our contributors, so to everyone a big thank you from Myself and Obihai for making this a great place for everyone to chat, learn and share information.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

WelshPaul

Couldn't agree more!

I say give Mark a 10k bonus this Christmas.  ;D
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

giqcass

It has been nice having MarkObihai actively participating.  It's been a while since we had regular participation on the forum from ObiHai employees.  Boy was I surprised when I saw detailed release notes.  It's nice to know why I'm updating firmware.   ;D

+1
Long live our new ObiLords!

Rick

When I got the email that the firmware thread was updated, I figured it was a forum malfunction.  Then I saw notes and figured that OBi got hacked...   :D

Ever since Sherman abdicated the throne it's been hurting bigtime here.  Glad Mark is stepping up to the plate, although I don't see a reason to update my firmware as things work the way I want them to right now. 

carl

Mark personally definitely deserves a standing ovation.
But it has to be said that the new policy has been years overdue. Basic explanation how to set up digitmaps and call routes should have been a part of Obihai's manual from the very beginning and it's hard to believe that Obihai even dared to do firmware upgrades without any documentation ( with sometimes disastrous effects).IMO those firmware upgrades should be a part of basic docs and not just hang somewhere on a community forum.
Also, it would be nice if Obihai reconsidered banning politically incorrect people from this forum ( especially in such a damaging way how they did it to nitzan). this forum never recovered from the loss of RonR who provided  exactly the customer support Obihai never did.
So, this is certainly the first swallow, I am just wondering whether it really means that the spring is coming.
Let's hope that somebody at Obihai has started to understand that it is dangerous to rely on Google Voice and that it makes sense to improve the PR with SIP customers as well as SIP providers and service and equipment resellers/consultants   many of them having a dim opinion about Obihai.
I wish a lot of success to Mark and hope that he will do far more and better than Sherman, whose performance  has been IMO wildly overstated( then again, a little was more than plain nothing).