News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED: Half the time I place a call on PSTN I get SPRINT recording?

Started by HowardZ, July 14, 2012, 12:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowardZ

Hi,

I am having fun playing with my Obi110.

I currently have the following problem.
I pick up the handset on my telephone and make a phone call - it is going over my PSTN plain old telephone copper wires.  Half the time the call goes through, but the other half of the time I get a recording from Spring long distance.

Sprint is my long distance company here (in the USA).
I figure something is wrong with some default parameter in the Obi110?

Any ideas?

P.S. I am not trying to make any long distance calls.  Just regular 10 digital local calling, and half the time I make such a call via the OBi110 I get a recording from Spring and not the number I am calling.

QBZappy

HowardZ,

Welcome.

You can check the call history to see what the OBi sees you dialing. Perhaps you can spot something unusual there. Look here:

Status
    System Status
    Call Status
    Call History <- here
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

HowardZ

good idea.

I cleared the call history, and placed 4 calls to my Verizon cell phone.

The first 3 calls went through, and the 4th went to a SPRINT recording.

Then I looked in the call history, and there are only 3 calls.
So, this call that goes awry does not make it into the call history.

I was wondering if some delays or tone timing might be causing it?

BTW, I do have call-waiting service on the PSTN.

Howard

QBZappy

You are pressing the flash hook, #, Prefixing the call with **8 or unintentionally making the call over a 3way call forcing the OBi to let go of the call handling to the POTS line?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

HowardZ

Quote from: QBZappy on July 14, 2012, 02:14:00 PM
You are not pressing the flash hook, #, Prefixing the call with **8 or unintentionally making the call over a 3way call forcing the OBi to let go of the call handling to the POTS line?

I have the PHONE Port: PrimaryLine set to PSTN Line, to keep things as transparent as possible for my wife.
I just pick up the telephone handset and dial a number - and it works at least half of the time.

Maybe I should cancel the call-waiting?
We never use it.  It's a waste of money.  And maybe it is causing this problem?

QBZappy

Try disabling call waiting momentarily and try your test again. (NOTE You will need to prefix every test call with *70):

*70 Call Waiting Disable (Per Call)

http://www.yashy.com/star.codes.html

HowardZ

*70 on telephone handset connected to Obi110 always causes an instant busy signal.

*70 seems to work on a telephone that is not using the Obi110.

BTW, thanks for putting in the time to try and help.

Perhaps I should increase LINE Port: DialDelay from 500 to 1000 ?

HowardZ

Ok, raising the DialDelay from 500ms to 1000ms solved it.

I tested by dialing my cell phone ten times in a row.

QBZappy

HowardZ,

Glad it worked out. Enjoy.

Best--
QBZappy

The OBi has its own star dialing codes as well.