News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 for UK pstn backup of OBI202

Started by Gavo, November 08, 2013, 09:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavo

Hello All,

Can the OBI110 be used as a backup pstn route for an OBI202 in the event of an internet failure ?
Obviously there would just be the one call at a time but it would be better than a complete comms blackout.
Presumably the OBI line adapter fulfills this role in the US but there are no plans for it's UK release as far as I know.

Cheers

Gavin

ianobi

Gavin - as always you pose interesting challenges   :)

What you suggest can be done in several different ways. Before we get into loads of details would this suit your setup:

OBi202(sp4)  >>  OBi110(sp2) > OBi110(li)  >> PSTN

OBi202(sp4)  <<  OBi110(sp2) < OBi110(li)  << PSTN

This assumes that OBi202 sp4 and OBi110 sp2 are spare. Calls from OBi202 would route through to the PSTN line by dialling **4 followed by the PSTN number. Incoming calls on the PSTN would ring either or both of the OBi202 Phone Ports and the OBi110 Phone Port if required.

This assumes that the OBi202 and the OBi110 are in the same LAN subnet. Obviously, it only covers internet failure, not power failures that fail the OBi's or the LAN.

The above is as simple as I can make it. We could add complexity if required by trying to use Voice Gateways and sp's that are not spare. Also we could use Trunk Groups to provide automatic fail over when the internet fails - this has some drawbacks!

The other way to do this is by using the Bluetooth adapter and a mobile phone.

Gavo

Ianobi,

Yep, that would do the trick. What I am trying to do here is to use the fax line for a customer of mine as the pstn backup (Infinity Opt2 comes down the fax line) and the "lines 1 & 2" are now ported to a SIP provider so they no longer exist on copper.

Cheers

Gavin

ianobi

Here's a first attempt. I don't have an OBi202, so you will have to be "Chief Tester" on this one!

I'm going to use these values in my example:
OBi202 sp4 ip address 192.168.1.10 UserAgentPort 5063
OBi110 sp2 ip address 192.168.1.11 UserAgentPort 5071

I have given the OBi110 UserAgentPorts 5070 and 5071 to make them different from the OBi202 UserAgentPorts – it's a sensible precaution when both devices are on the same LAN subnet.

OBi202:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServerPort : 5060
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> OutboundProxy : 192.168.1.11
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> OutboundProxyPort: 5071
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : checked

The following DigitMap needs to be optimised for whatever numbers are being dialled out via PSTN. This might be typical for the UK:
Service Providers > ITSP Profile D > General > DigitMap:
(999|112|101|111|0[4568]xx.|0[1237]xxxxxxxxx)

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName : 1234
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_UserAgentPort : 5063
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> CallerIDName : Whatever
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> MaxSessions : 4
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{5678:ph,ph2}

OBi110:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServerPort : 5060
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : checked

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : 5678
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_UserAgentPort : 5071
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : Anything
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MaxSessions : 4
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{1234>(xx.):li}

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute
{sp2(1234@192.168.1.10:5063)}

If you would like the OBi110 phone to ring as well as the OBi202 phone(s) use:
{ph,sp2(1234@192.168.1.10:5063)}

Make the usual changes to the OBi110 Line Port for UK use – change CallerIDDetectMethod to FSK(V.23), reduce RingDelay to 0.

I'm not sure how the fax fits into this setup. You might not want the incoming ring to be passed through the OBi110 to the OBi202? If so use:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute
{}

There's a fair bit of copying and pasting from other setups in the above answer, so there may be a mistake or two. If so, then you can cut my commission to half the usual amount   :D

Gavo

Ianobi,

Hats off to you. Inbound worked on the 1st attempt.

Outbound was just a case of adding an Outbound call route for SP4 - the OBI didn't add it automatically - I guess on account of it not being added by the SIP provider gui.

Incoming there is no noticeable delay. Outgoing i.e. **4 "number" - you get an initial ringing, then about 5 to 10 seconds silence then another set of ringing and the ringing of the called party.

Not too bothered about the outgoing delay as it still works and the solution is only for DR purposes anyway.

The fax btw was just reference to the fax line that the customer's broadband is delivered over - as part of the DR solution they have to unplug the fax machine.

Many Thanks Ian, we'll settle for 90% of normal commission   ;)

Cheers

Gavin