News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Skype as a voice trunk

Started by Usetheforceobiwan, November 14, 2013, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usetheforceobiwan

I had a FreeConnect before but since I got Obi had not used it.  This is an option for some people who want Skype access via sip, you are able to set up a sip trunk through Skype.  You cannot do this through a personal account, you have to open up a business account through the Skype manager web portal.  It does not cost anything to create a business account but the minimum funding amount is $10.00 to purchase services and for a bi-directional channel the cost is $6.95 per month.  Funding a channel only permits outgoing calls. A DID for incoming is an additional $6.95 per month and outgoing / incoming per minute costs for CONUS incoming/outgoing calls is approx. $.01 per minute.  There is no contract commitment, i.e. if you don't have the funds for the next months channel or DID fee than the services are dropped automatically.

Registration is via credentials that are provided to you when you enable the channel.  Enabling the channel on the pbx/softphone side does not require any special settings.  Sip.skype.com gets you in and port is 5060.

I might end up using this as a voice gateway as an experiment.  Have to see.