News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Anveo new setup OBI202. Make calls but cant receive calls

Started by kb9nvh, November 16, 2013, 05:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb9nvh

****This is fixed now...it was Anveo's callflow which needed a 3 seconds delay added (or you could eliminate callflow and choose 'forward to SIP/ATA)  and now it works.  Also, GV acts weird on the first fiew calls in and wanted verification number to be pressed which confused everyone and messed up the works******

I set up my Obi202 going from free google voice to now Anveo (got a new number just to make things simpler). long story short, I can make calls including E911 but I don't receive calls.
My OBI is in the DMC so all ports are open (and it worked fined with google).

Here's where I did for setup.  I went to obitalk and deleted both sp1 and sp2 definitions. I then reprovistioned SP1 for Aveno (choosing E911 service available).

The Obitalk shows "registered" and lights up green.  The Aveno site shows me online and connected  on port 5060.

Calls to my new Aveno number are acknowledged by the aveno web site and show up on their list but are not seen by my OBI202 (as seen on the obitalk site).  The IP for my obi being in the DMZ, I assume, makes all my ports open and available.  

The Aveno site help page indicates I should be using port 5010.  There are lots of places to define ports in the OBI so I'm not clear on if or what I should try if porting is my problem.  Some threads have talked about router ALG routing that needs to be turned off.  I dont see that on my router.  (ASUS RT-AC66U).

Any ideas..this all worked under GV so I'm hesitant to start mucking with the router.

Seems like all is working except the home phone does not ring.  Incoming calls dont seem to make it through..Anveo logs the calls and the calling phone rings long enough to go to voice mail but the home obihai phone never rings.  I can make outgoing calls and E911 works both directions.  Also, Obi dashboard status shows green.  SP1 shows "registered" on Anveo also.  Anveo website shows "online" as well.  

Any ideas?

giqcass

A stun server could be set but that doesn't sound like your issue. Did you define the port 5010 on the Obi itself under the service provider?  X_UserAgentPort = 5010
Make sure you DON'T have port forwarding set for port 5010 since the Obi is in DMZ.  If you take the Obi out of DMZ port forwarding might be needed. 

Long live our new ObiLords!

kb9nvh

I used the OBIHAI template to do the setup and this seemed to get the connection working and Anveo also shows connected so the "registration" port being 5060 seems to be OK.

I changed the obihai default 5060 to 5010 in three other locations the "proxyserverport", the "outboundproxyport" and the "echoserverport".

This seemed to have no effect as all outgoing calls still work but no incoming calls are seen.

I left the "proxyservertransport" set to "UDP" since TCP didn't work (however, one post I saw said it needed to be changed).

Pretty disenchanting to have incorrect ports (5060) in the default setup that OBIHAI provides.

At this point no incoming calls work but server and host (Anveo and myOBI) both seem to be happy with thier "onlinedness" 

sdb-

My 110 has gv set up as SP1 and I recently added Anveo as SP2.

I used Obitalk and while it did set up with port 5060 all is working fine.

I have never seen a call show up in Obitalk.

Calls do show up in the device interface.  (But whatever you do, do not make config changes in the device interface and also have it registered with Obitalk.)

I do not use a DMZ.  My router is not forwarding any ports and I disabled its SIP ALG.

Google Voice does not use SIP so any comparison with that is invalid.

SIP is a nasty, nasty protocol for NAT, but if your router does not screw it up, and if you only have one SIP device (the OBi) it will work fine.

One EXTREMELY helpful debug tool is to set up a syslog server and configure your OBi to send logs to it.  It will log incoming call events.

kb9nvh

OK, I did a factgory reset of my OBI202 and started over eliminating the router completly.

Was able to make my outgoing call to the obi 222 number and it echoed back.
Am able to make outgoing calls fine
Anveo and google talk show "registared" and "online" as if everything is fine.

Calls into my anveo number (new number) show up reaching anveo on their web interface.  I see no indication of those calls reaching my obi box at all.

Going to expert mode in the obi web interface there is a page that show status such as "onhook" and off hook.  I would assume it will show "ringing' or some such as well but it shows nothing when I try to call in.

I have gone into obi expert and changed all the ports that said 5060 to 5010 (except for the registration port).  This had no effect.

Shale

On your Anveo account, what is selected for
Phone Numbers > Manage Phone Numbers > Edit > Call Options (under Call Handler)?

For me it is "Use Call Flow", which lets me do neat things, but I presume that "SIP/ATA device connected: This Account: ATA" would work too.

kb9nvh

I checkded and it said I had NO inbound callflow..so I made one...I'll see if this works tonight when I get home.

kb9nvh

Still no luck...I found this blog that a guy shows how he set his up and he used port 5060 just.  http://blog.paulisse.com/2013/09/caller-id-names-with-google-voice-anveo.html

I've reset everthing to what he showed and made sure I have an inbound callflow.  reset teh OBI202...
Still nothing.   

Shale

Do you have a separate modem? If so, as a test, try connecting the OBi directly to the modem. Power-cycle both the modem and the OBi. If that works, you know you are dealing with a router setting issue. I understand you put the OBi into the DMZ, but getting the router out of the picture would be a more conclusive test.

If your modem and router cannot be separated, try your OBi at a friend's house as a test.

kb9nvh

To took the router out of the equation all together and hooked the obi directly to my cable surfboard modem.

kb9nvh

I didn't power cycle the modem though..you think that is needed?

gderf

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

kb9nvh

OK, Shale got it...the problem was on the Anveo side I guess.  I need to go back and put all the ports back to where they were (at 5060 now and see what happens).  The Callflow at Anveo hosed it for some reason????
because I did have callflow chosen which didn't work..

I changed it to sip/ata phone and now it rings!!!  
So, WTF??

Quote from: Shale on November 18, 2013, 08:06:46 AM
On your Anveo account, what is selected for
Phone Numbers > Manage Phone Numbers > Edit > Call Options (under Call Handler)?

For me it is "Use Call Flow", which lets me do neat things, but I presume that "SIP/ATA device connected: This Account: ATA" would work too.

Shale

Quote from: kb9nvh on November 18, 2013, 04:00:58 PM

I changed it to sip/ata phone and now it rings!!!  

Your callflow should have these things as a minimum:
Start
SIP Phone
Voicemail.

Have each output go to the next thing.

From there I would go fancier. You can message me for ideas or info on how to implement more. My next step would be to add
Contact Check
so that I could treat friends differently from unknown callers... but beyond that, feel free to message.

kb9nvh

What happened is that after doing the automatic setup and choosing callflow (since it recommended that as the best choice) I thought I was all set up.  Today I went to check IVR/callflow and saw the inbound choice and clicked it and it said I didn't have one yet.  So I chose it and made an inbound callflow.  That didn't seem to fix it. so I was back on making changes to the obi.  Your post made me revisit those settings and when I chose the NON-callflow option it started working.  SO, my question
Are there two call flows?  One for incoming and one for outgoing? 

I'll go back to it soon but for now I"m going to bask in my working phone. (at least until I decide I want to start screening and handling each circumstance differently.

kb9nvh

I want to thank everyone for your help....I"m a techy kind of guy but learning all this new phone jargon and syntax is daunting.  The settings of the OBI are all greek to me.  I needed and appreciate everyone who helped.   

gderf

You may want to edit your original post's subject with a prepend : [SOLVED]
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

kb9nvh

Done.  I tried before but didn't see how..now I did though.

Shale

Quote from: kb9nvh on November 18, 2013, 07:11:14 PM
SO, my question
Are there two call flows?  One for incoming and one for outgoing? 

There is only the option to use call flows for incoming calls, as far as I know.

I am glad things are working well for you.

kb9nvh

There are two options.  One to use callflow and one to just straight forward to the SIP/ATA device. 
Under phone numbers/Manage phone numbers/edit phone number then to the tab that says "call options".