News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming Caller gets Busy signal

Started by Bri_n, November 14, 2013, 01:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bri_n

I've had my Obi110 for over a year now with no issues what so ever. For some reason now, when I call home, from work, I get a busy signal. It only seems to happen when calling from that specific number. When calling in from other numbers, like mobile and other land lines, the calls go through fine. I've checked the guides, and double checked that the "incoming anonymous caller" is disabled. I was wondering if this was related to the last firmware update I received, but that doesn't make sense that it would affect only one incoming line. Am I missing something? Is there something I should change? Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Brian

sdb-

I assume, since you do not specify, that you are using google voice.

That means you are calling from work to a google voice number.  Google has every control of what happens with calls to their number.  Unfortunately you get all the support you pay for, and perhaps a little bit more.

Do the logs on google voice show anything?
What about the spam folder?
Is your work outgoing CID listed in your google voice contacts?

I would recommend installing a syslog server at home and configure your OBi to send log messages to it.  Then you can look at that log to see what the OBi thinks is happening.

(I use rsyslog on linux, or sometimes a custom python program on Linux and Windows.  On Windows, Kiwi seems reasonable and I think they provide a sufficiently functional free version. Somewhere on their website Obihai has a technote linking to a free syslog server for Windows but I've not tried that one.)

Bri_n

Sorry I didn't specify, but yes, I'm calling a Google Voice number. The phone call is originating from the hospital that I work for, so I'm not sure if that could be causing the problem. The logs in GV show nothing at all. It's like the call simply isn't getting that far. Since it's not affecting any other incoming call, at least that I know of, if it's not something to do with how the call goes out from my work. I mean when I place the call, the busy signal is almost instantaneous. Like there is not that second of silence when the actual connection takes place.
Yes, My work phone information is listed in the contacts for G-Voice.  This is just frustrating since it's affecting the one number I spend 9hrs a day at. I'm stuck using my cell phone just to call home. ARGH.

sdb-

Quote from: Bri_n on November 15, 2013, 06:53:43 AMwhen I place the call, the busy signal is almost instantaneous. Like there is not that second of silence when the actual connection takes place.

That's interesting.  I wonder if the hospital phone system or provider is having a routing problem or if perhaps the GV number is a more expensive termination than they expect for their system.

Your facilities or I.T. support folks at work may know how to troubleshoot further.  But if the call isn't even showing up in any of the logs or folders at GV, I'm out of ideas.

Yes, My work phone information is listed in the contacts for G-Voice.  This is just frustrating since it's affecting the one number I spend 9hrs a day at. I'm stuck using my cell phone just to call home. ARGH.

:(