News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Backing Off Issue

Started by swimman, November 19, 2013, 05:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swimman

I've searched the net and tried different things to get this to work but to no avail.  Therefore, my post here.

I have two lines on my Obi202 set up on SP1 and SP2.  I recently acquired two phone numbers from Call Centric to use in conjunction with Google Voice/Obi.  I set up both CC numbers on SP3 and SP4 but get the message 'Backing Off'.  Like I said, I have confirmed all settings are correct as well as the google email and password..  I have also gone back and forth with CC support and they recommended I reset the Obi and move CC to SP1 (this is when I only had one CC number).  I did this and CC worked but I could not get GV to work on SP2 and 3.  I have since switched things back using SP1 and 2 for my GV numbers which works fine as I need those lines in operation.  CC still shows backing off.

Anyone have recommendations other than the basics which I have already found on the web?  Thanks in advance...

zapattack

I believe that 'Backing off' terminology is generated when a GV connection attempt fails.
Are you sure you have set the SignalingProtocol under General to SIP
as well as entering the associated SIP Credentials (username/password)?

You did not mention if you are using the OBi dashboard, or entering the info direct to the web page.

swimman

zapattack - thanks for the feedback.  Yes, SIP is signified under General and my CC credentials are listed under Service Providers for SP3 and 4 but I still get Backing Off. 

From what I have read, Backing Off is the GV servers not being able to connect.  Perhaps I am missing something very simple and I'm no expert in these matters, but as of now, I cannot figure it out!

I used the dashboard to do the initial set up for CC and am using the web page to change everything else.  Not sure where to go next although if I get a free weekend (need to phone during the week as one line if for business), I'm going to reconfigure the Obi to set CC on SP1, then the other CC number on SP2, then the first GV on SP3 and the second GV on SP4 (i've also read that it should be deleted from the dashboard which I did not do the first time).  As already stated, I had issues when I initially tried this but this time may try by actually resetting the Obi with the reset button on the unit.

swimman

Got it to work thanks to InetUser here on the board.  A couple of Obi settings were off and now all works as expected.  Thanks again!

Johnny

Please provide more info as to how you got it working.

I'm having issues as well.

I just hooked up one of my Obi110's and I got Callcentric registered OK, but I've tried a few GV numbers and everything keeps coming up as "backing off".

I know the account passwords are good.  I don't have two step authentication turned on, and I've made calls from these accounts, so why don't they connect?

I've had GV accounts on this Obi110 before that were working fine and I really haven't changed anything, so what could be the problem?

Thanks.

Update:  After logging out of the Obi site and then logging back in, I saw a message box that said something to the effect that I was using an invalid or old password to try to log in to my gmail account.  I was told to enter the correct password and sign in.

I have triple checked that I am using the correct password and yet it still says, "backing off", and won't connect.

swimman

Johnny,
I had two issues.  Check the info below and let us know if you get it working.

1) My SP2, 3 and 4 were all set to X-ServProfile A.  I needed to change them as listed below.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : C
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : D

2) My ITSP Provisioning was also not disabled and had to be set as shown below.
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Below is the full list of info I received from another member to check.  There may be other parameters you need to set as well.

Make sure that:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : C

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : D

and that you configure providers as:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A <=> SP1 Service

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B <=> SP2 Service

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C <=> SP3 Service

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D <=> SP4 Service

Also, it you're configuring the OBi directly, make sure:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

System Management -> Autp Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Johnny

OK.  Finally got everything working.

I went into the Obi expert configuration area, and upon checking settings for SP2, all settings were from an old Callcentric account that I apparently had on SP2 at one time.

I clicked on "Revert to Obi Talk", and all SP2 settings changed back to my GV account and all is working fine again.

When you delete an SP account why aren't all settings erased from the Obi expert configuration page?

Had I not checked the Obi expert configuration area my GV account that I was trying to set up would have never worked.  

There is a link provided to click on when you get the "backing off" message, but when you go there, I don't believe it mentions to check the Obi expert configuration page to make sure all settings are correct.

Maybe it should...........

Thanks for the additional info swimman.